Windows 10 Boot Up: All settings were reset to default values?

Associate
Hey guys. Wondering if anyone can advise.

When I boot from cold, my system seems to display a message on a black screen that details my CPU, RAM Frequency, USB Devices, and SATA devices. Underneath that is the message "All settings were reset to default values. Press F1 to run SETUP, Press F2 to Continue." :confused:

From here I just hit F2 and the system boots to Windows, but I have no idea why this comes up on first boot. Anybody have any ideas why this comes up and anyway to stop it? :)

Kind Regards,
Taz

Soldato
Sounds like your CMOS battery may be dead. Its a little button cell battery (usually CR2032 I think) on the motherboard. It keeps power to the BIOS to keep settings and time stored even when AC power is off. I would replace it and see if that helps.

Associate
OP
Sounds like your CMOS battery may be dead. Its a little button cell battery (usually CR2032 I think) on the motherboard. It keeps power to the BIOS to keep settings and time stored even when AC power is off. I would replace it and see if that helps.

Hi, I can see that battery through the glass side panel, I'll get a battery today or through the week and give it a try. But by me changing the battery I'm not likely to fudge up the bios or anything am I? :confused:

Thanks for the advice :)

Kind Regards,
Taz

Associate
OP
Hi, I have no overclocks....yet. Only thing I have done is set the RAM to XMP in the BIOS but I've done no manual Overclocking thus far :)
Thanks for the tip, once the battery is changed I'll report back :)

Kind Regards,
Taz

Back
Top Bottom