• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New card not playing nice with existing monitors

Soldato
See rig in sig, just swapped out the 970 for a Sapphire Vega 56.

I was using DVI to DVI from monitor 1 (1440 27")
DVI to HDMI on monitor 2 (1080 24")

New card has 1 HDMI and 3 DisplayPorts so I order a DVI to DP cable which arrived today.

Monitor 2 doesn't care if I use DVI-DP or DVI-HDMI into any ports on the card, it works.

Monitor 1 is completely unresponsive. In one configuration of cabling up, the card certainly sees it and sets it as monitor 1 as any windows I open, open on that one, but the screen is blank. If I hover over the toolbar on screen 2 I can see the settings/ AMD control panel etc are open, but they're on the wrong screen so I cannot check settings.

I have updated to latest AMD drivers and checked for updates via the CP.
I have uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and associated software.

Associate
Which specific DP-DVI and DP-HDMI adapters did you buy, and what monitors (make, model) do you have?

Also check the specs section for the problematic monitor in Radeon Settings (Display > Specs) e.g:

5PYV6hW.png

It might reveal that it isn't being detected properly for some reason. There might be a limitation with your adapters as 1440p requires more bandwidth than 1080p.

Soldato
OP
It's a Hazro HZ27WC monitor
Generic Amazon cables

Just tested the monitor at a friend's with the original DVI -DVI cable that it has always worked with and it's fine, seems you could be right with the DVI adapter not being uptown scratch.

Would you agree?

I'll check the Radeon settings.

Soldato
OP
Think you might have cracked it. The cable I bought is
DisplayPort to DVI DVI-D Single Link
So I need a DVI-D-DP dual link as like you say, single link will only support up to 1920x1200

Not tried lower res, it doesn't even recognise it as a monitor, just shows up as 'device'

Back
Top Bottom