Apex Legends BR

Associate
I just started playing this Friday and all i got was crash after crash after crash with some 2D error, turns out my 2gb page file was no where near enough, I've had to put a 12gb page file on my HDD every time i launch the game, since doing that it runs perfect every time. bit of a oddball scenario and never had this issue we the 300 plus games i own across different platforms. In game ram usage along with windows is never above 8 Gb and i have 16Gb of ram :confused:

Leave pagefile settings to system managed. It's not just a place to store data when you run out of ram (common misconception), windows uses it constantly.

Soldato
W5wpzUF.jpg

Best win so far as Bangalore, the ending was so funny against a gibraltar who put his shield down and used his ult then left his shield when I attacked him with mastiff and he killed himself so it would have technically been 9 kills,,, before I looted Mastiff the other 7 kills and majority of damage came from full epic spitfire, that thing is a beast

Soldato
Leave pagefile settings to system managed. It's not just a place to store data when you run out of ram (common misconception), windows uses it constantly.
i've tried that before and watched windows smash my SSD to pieces with usage hence why i set it to 2gb maximum. Never had a single issue since i built this PC in regards to pagefile, apex is the first game/programme etc etc that has shown a issue with it.
And for now i'm just gonna keep dropping a pagefile on which takes about 10 seconds when i play the game. i don't see why any game would need that much pagefile to be honest

Associate
i've tried that before and watched windows smash my SSD to pieces with usage hence why i set it to 2gb maximum. Never had a single issue since i built this PC in regards to pagefile, apex is the first game/programme etc etc that has shown a issue with it.
And for now i'm just gonna keep dropping a pagefile on which takes about 10 seconds when i play the game. i don't see why any game would need that much pagefile to be honest

Limiting the pagefile below what's needed is a recipe for a disaster.
If something needs to write to the pagefile, it'll write whether you like it or not, making it smaller will only cause more disk writes as it needs to empty out and fill it with the most recent pagefile data. My usage after hours and hours of Apex, mines currently allocated 10GB, not exactly a large amount.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Found out that I can’t play this when my other half wants to watch Netflix, just constant ‘out of sync with server’. My internet is plenty fast enough to have both but for some reason it kills the connection to Apex, only game it effects.

Associate
Found out that I can’t play this when my other half wants to watch Netflix, just constant ‘out of sync with server’. My internet is plenty fast enough to have both but for some reason it kills the connection to Apex, only game it effects.

I have this, or had this, I need to retest today actually.

I've had some BT Fibre issues, where pings have been terrible when the wife is streaming Netflix. When shes not using it, they sit at 10/11ms ping to www.bbc.co.uk / www.google.co.uk
Long story short, I have 80/20 fibre and someone using netflix shouldnt affect my pings badly enough to cause lag in game.

Many BT engineers have been and eventually bt wholesale have ceased and reprovided my line and pings have been better. I need to re-test tonight, as it's the worst after 8pm.

Soldato
As said before, works great for me but Ive got decades of playing fps at high sensitivity so Im used to it.

Would be great to see a round or 2 of you playing. I know i've had mates and my cousin sware they prefer high DPI / mouse sensitivity but when speccing them they were very inconsistent. Often overshooting the target when things get hectic.

Back
Top Bottom