**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
That pop up isn't as bad as I feared......if it's true.....I don't use the front facing camera much anyway so that looks decent....
Ditto. I thought the camera pop-up would actually be a slide-up in that the whole of the back of the phone would slide up. That is a lot better than I was thinking it would be. I don't use the front facing camera so my concerns are allayed somewhat.

Soldato
OP
Even though i would hardly use the selfie cam i still don't like it, nearly ordered the s10+ today but i'll hold off and see what the Mate 30 Pro brings.

Soldato
I was considering the oneplus 7 as a possible upgrade from my s8 until i saw the pop up camera :(

Ugh, just a horrible design idea. I dislike notches intensely, but this is even worse! It looks like a submarine periscope attached to the top :(

I'd be perfectly happy with no front facing camera at all, seeing as they are specifically for the self obsessed Instagram crowd.

The s10 is probably the best looking phone around but samsung are just extracting the urine with their apple like pricing these days.

I will probably keep the s8 another year then....

Last edited:
Associate
I use face unlock 99% of the time with my OP6 so that selfie camera is going to pop up every time you use the phone.
Wonder if they will upgrade the fingerprint reader to an ultrasonic version.The S10 reader looks a lot quicker and more reliable.

Soldato
I was considering the oneplus 7 as a possible upgrade from my s8 until i saw the pop up camera :(

There's still no official confirmation that it will have the popup camera. A few pages back I put up a picture of what it may look like (the OPPO R19).
*edit*
Seems that the OPPO R19 isn't coming out this year but a new Device that at the moment is being called the OPPO Find Z will be announced next month.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll certainly keep an eye on the oneplus 7, I'll be interested if the pop up camera turns out to be false information.

Maybe wait for the next oneplus phone, meanwhile I'm still happy enough with the s8.

Associate
The s10 is probably the best looking phone around but samsung are just extracting the urine with their apple like pricing these days.

Dont agree. An S10 Plus is £900 and has 128Gb of (expandable) storage, an XS Max is £1100 and has 64Gb of (non-expandable) storage. I'm not saying its good value but it is compared with Apple's offering.

Soldato
I don't use the front camera on my current phone, so personally I have no issue with a pop up camera especially when the alternative is a slider like the Mi Mix.

I was originally going to upgrade to a 6T but if this comes in at around £500, i'll pick it up. Always the option of saving a few quid if you go via one of the Chinese resellers too.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Shame, particularly seeing as Xiaomi have announced that Qualcomm's quick charge 20W wireless charging will be supported by the Mi 9. I feel like holes are starting to appear in Oneplus' approach to making phones. Their refusal to get proper IP certification, to move away from using a 1080p resolution, to support wireless charging, combined with their inability to make a camera comparable to the big guns are things that are getting a bit hard to overlook. I love Oxygen OS, imo it's the best implementation of Android out there, but their hardware compromises are pushing me away.

I swore I wouldn't go back to a Samsung device after not liking the S7 but I'm seriously tempted by the Galaxy S10.

We've been saying this for the past couple of oneplus phones. The prices go up, but the quality or spec sheet does not. Their CEO then splashes out an excuse to the tech-journos which is often a rubbish excuse considering other OEMs manage to put in the same features OP refuses to have. This would be fine if the price didn't increase. But as the prices have gone up, the features list should as well.

Soldato
I can't quite believe they're going for a popup over a notch. I hope all the idiot notch-haters are happy with that Fisher Price abomination! Seriously, people hate notches so much that they'd rather have a freakin' popup camera? Are you mental?! You want movable parts in your phone? Ding ding, the late nineties called and they want your design ideas back!

Anyhoo, I'm sure it's all rumours and "renders" :o

Associate
Oi, the 90s was a cool time! Can't see the big deal and if it's hidden then you know it can't be videoing you on the sly (not that I'm concerned but the tin foil hat wearers should be happy).

Soldato
Oi, the 90s was a cool time! Can't see the big deal and if it's hidden then you know it can't be videoing you on the sly (not that I'm concerned but the tin foil hat wearers should be happy).
lol but
- It'll break
- Not waterproof
- Will cause problems for cases
- Will slow down face unlock
- It'll break
- It'll break
- It'll break
- It'll break ;)

I'm putting the notch-hating vocal minority in the same bag as Brexiteers. Sorry, but in your temper tantrum you've just ruined it for the majority. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with a teardrop notch or a bullet hole or whatever it's called.

Soldato
I can't quite believe they're going for a popup over a notch. I hope all the idiot notch-haters are happy with that Fisher Price abomination! Seriously, people hate notches so much that they'd rather have a freakin' popup camera? Are you mental?! You want movable parts in your phone? Ding ding, the late nineties called and they want your design ideas back!

Wow didn't realise people got so upset over phones. LMAO.

Oneplus can do whatever the **** they like.

Soldato
I'm not as upset over the popup camera as some people in here were about the notches! I'm being facetious.. After opting for a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite over the OP6 I'm not really interested in the OP7 anyway :)

I did really like OnePlus though.

Soldato

Movable parts..aren't they going for a magnetic thing..minimum moving parts. I never use the selfie camera so it won't get much wear either! :D

Soldato

Not being a vapid moron i would happily have no front camera at all, but will settle for a popup rather than a notch yeah. Things have moved on from the 90s and i expect it is a lot more robust, though i would probably prefer the mi mix 3 slide mechanism.

Soldato
Guess I was wrong as a lot of leaks now showing that little pop up selfie camera.

Personally I actually like it but I am someone who very rarely uses that camera. While they figure out how to seamlessly put a selfie camera under a screen without a notch or hole punch effect, you get a screen without bezels or other distractions.

Suppose also better security for the paranoid as you don't constantly have a camera staring at you while using a phone :p

Back
Top Bottom