*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Really amuses me that so many are obsessed with gaming at 4k. Its been proven that the gaming experience is better with a higher/smoother framerate more than resolution beyond 1440p. :p

I wouldn't mind a more powerful Switch for a more solid 1080p 60fps experience. But I think what we have now is a good balance between power and portability.
It is also proven that 4K looks better than 1080p or 1440p. If you saw the difference it made on BOTW you would be surprised. I don’t see why they could not release a dock that has enough power in it to boost games to 4K 60fps to be honest. Not like the games made for the switch are demanding.

Right now on my PC I game 4K and at 60fps which for the games I play is plenty smooth and the graphics look better. So I could say it amouses me how so many take issue with people who prefer sharper and better image quality in their games ;)

Soldato
It is also proven that 4K looks better than 1080p or 1440p. If you saw the difference it made on BOTW you would be surprised. I don’t see why they could not release a dock that has enough power in it to boost games to 4K 60fps to be honest. Not like the games made for the switch are demanding.

Right now on my PC I game 4K and at 60fps which for the games I play is plenty smooth and the graphics look better. So I could say it amouses me how so many take issue with people who prefer sharper and better image quality in their games ;)
Mate 4k is sensational! I just got a nice 4k wide gamut monitor AND WOW!!!!!

Caporegime

You missed my point.

I didn't say 4k didn't look better than 1080p or 1440p.

I said a better gaming experience comes from a higher consistent framerate over resolution beyond 1440p.

If you prefer things to be at 4k then jolly good. I would rather things at solid 60fps vs 4k. You're not going to get a Switch which can hold a charge for any worthwhile amount of time that can output to 4k, it is pointless trying to do so. Right now they have a balance. If it was less powerful in favour of battery then it wouldn't play many of its titles. If it was more powerful then it would kill the battery.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You missed my point.

I didn't say 4k didn't look better than 1080p or 1440p.

I said a better gaming experience comes from a higher consistent framerate over resolution beyond 1440p.

If you prefer things to be at 4k then jolly good. I would rather things at solid 60fps vs 4k. You're not going to get a Switch which can hold a charge for any worthwhile amount of time that can output to 4k, it is pointless trying to do so. Right now they have a balance. If it was less powerful in favour of battery then it wouldn't play many of its titles. If it was more powerful then it would kill the battery.
Nope, did not miss your point at all. But I feel you missed mine ;)

In my first message I said: “I hope Nintendo release a new more powerful switch or something to add on to give the system more grunt". Then in my second reply I said: "I don’t see why they could not release a dock that has enough power in it to boost games to 4K 60fps to be honest."

There were rumours for this some years ago, as I recall Nintendo had applied for a patent for such a device.

There is no reason such a dock could not render current game at 4K and 60fps. Also no reason why such dock could not do what the PS4 Pro does and offer a lower res and higher fps option.

Mate 4k is sensational! I just got a nice 4k wide gamut monitor AND WOW!!!!!
:D

Soldato
OP
There is no reason such a dock could not render current game at 4K and 60fps. Also no reason why such dock could not do what the PS4 Pro does and offer a lower res and higher fps option.

So you're talking about essentially making the dock an external graphics card, that would push the price up massively I would think.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So you're talking about essentially making the dock an external graphics card, that would push the price up massively I would think.
Sure, why not? Not like everyone has to have it. As mentioned they patented such a thing already.

They can offer the normal switch and dumb dock, then a switch pro which comes with a dock that enables current games to run 4K. They can also offer the dock standalone. Stand alone dock would be £150 at most I would imagine.

Soldato
OP
Sure, why not? Not like everyone has to have it. As mentioned they patented such a thing already.

They can offer the normal switch and dumb dock, then a switch pro which comes with a dock that enables current games to run 4K. They can also offer the dock standalone. Stand alone dock would be £150 at most I would imagine.

Nintendo love a hardware refresh and expensive peripherals so who knows, I just don't think they would see much of a financial benefit to offering 4K to such a small segment of customers, your average Switch owner probably doesn't even know what 4K is.

Soldato
The sword trials are really annoying I must say. After spending an age harvesting wood from the trees in the beginning and dying on trial number 9 it's out you go and back to the start again. Admittedly my fault for not filling up my hearts. Just don't know if the pain is going to be worth it.

Soldato
Can anyone help me out? Anyone that got the book Creating a Champion, the Hero Edition could anyone tell me the size of the map? If someone has one could they measure it?

Mines currently boxed up for moving house and I'm looking at framing it.

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
The sword trials are really annoying I must say. After spending an age harvesting wood from the trees in the beginning and dying on trial number 9 it's out you go and back to the start again. Admittedly my fault for not filling up my hearts. Just don't know if the pain is going to be worth it.

Don't forget if you eat a meal which buffs attack or defence for 30 mins you take it with you into the trial.

Pet Northerner
Don
I need a strong worth with myself. I got this with my switch on launch and have had it back burned until last week.

Man this game is immense, must have put in about 35 hours over the past 10 days or so. Spent a LOT of time, just exploring, finding shrines, seeds etc. Made a story push over the weekend and got two of the diving beasts done and the spring of wisdom.

I should have played this sooner lol

Soldato
VERY interested in the VR but only if it came with a headstrap! I can't hold the console to my head, while controlling it next to my head for any longer than 10 minutes I would imagine

Man of Honour
VERY interested in the VR but only if it came with a headstrap! I can't hold the console to my head, while controlling it next to my head for any longer than 10 minutes I would imagine
Nintendo don't want you to play for long periods of time due to the low resolution and refresh rates that can cause eye strain and headaches.

Back
Top Bottom