• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VERY strange gpu problem

Soldato
so I have an msi z97 g43 board and in it I had an xfx 270x, it seems the pc no longer see's the gpu, I even went as far as trying ATIflash but that doesn't even see the gpu!. now I installed the gpu into the kids pc and it found it, only as a standard vga adapter at first, I re flashed the xfx bios with ati flash and it let me install the drivers, card seemed to be working, so moved back to my z97 system and will not recognise the card, I did update the bios yesterday which Is when the card stopped working, but I just put the old motherboard bios back on but still not luck, I a mrunning onboard IGP and my 280x I also have installed works fine in either pci slot.

any ideas?

( its not the psu, I have a 850w corsair rm )

Last edited:
Associate
Go into the bios and see if the card is being seen by the motherboard. If the motherboard cannot see it, windows will have no chance. If the motherboard cannot see the card at this most basic level the card is ready to be retired. If your motherboard can see it in bios. I would install a program called DDU and uninstall the AMD drivers in windows safe mode. reboot and now install the latest drivers. If the driver says it cannot find your card it could be time for retirement. I would also go into device manager to see if the card is being seen at all. Good luck

Soldato
OP
yes. I have a 280x in my pc which works in either slot, ive just thought of something, I updated the mb bios which is when it stopped working, but when I put the old bios on it didn't do anything to help, the new bios was UEFI I flashed DOESNT work the the xfx 270x bios I have on the 270x right now, I did see an xfx 270x bios that said it supports UEFI so may try and flash that and see if I get any luck

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/149439/xfx-r9270x-2048-131102
UEFI Supported: No

yet this one does
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/169461/xfx-r9270x-2048-150106
UEFI Supported: Yes

Back
Top Bottom