Bathroom Ceiling Extractor Fan Recommendations

Soldato
So just moved into a new place and didn't spot it when walking around but the bathroom has no extractor fan in it so need to get it sorted.

Normally would use a wall mounted unit however the bathroom is fully tiled so do not want to risk drilling into that to put a hole in.

The other option is to go up into the attic and out the wall there, however no idea on what is a good or not good ceiling extraction unit.

So recommendations please

Thanks

Soldato
I've got Manrose units in all our bathrooms, specifically the LED Showerlite versions. No complaints at all, they're all working well and are quiet enough.

One of them vents out through a hole in the gable end, one goes out the old soil pipe vent (with mushroom cap installed) and the other vents through the soffit

Associate
Ive just installed a Manrose MF100T, its a beast! I got it from I Sells for around £50 iirc. Get 4 of the tumble drier spiggot things that you can wind the flexible duct into, and then just pop them onto each 100mm spigot on the extractor and one on each vent (inlet and outlet), makes it a lot easier. All the cheaper fans seemed to get poor reviews. This certainly shifts a good amount of air!

Wiring wise it isnt difficult, just take your time. I used 3 & earth wire as you need this to have a dedicated switched live from light switch/rose. I found wago connectors an absolute godsend here. I have the fan on a junction box between the isolator switch and the fan to make maintanance easier, the actual isolator itself is in the loft near the fan as its controlled by the bathroom light switch.

I mounted the fan offset on the joists on some softwood to dampen the noise, and kept the runs as short as possible. I used a Expelair easy fit vent to save me climbing a ladder (fits from inside) as I had to go through the wall due to our soffits being small. Another option would be a tile vent. I didnt opt for a vertical vent due to condensation running back into the fan potentially.

Currently the fans set to max power but for the lowest time, seemed to work better. Very audible in the bathroom but with the door shut cant be heard at all from any other room.

Definately recommend putting the effort in and doing it properly.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I've got the same as @silverblack , replaced a ventaxia which was usueless. The Envirovent is not silent but it is quiet, its suction is enough to hold an instruction manual and it shifts the steam well, looking outside you see a stream of steam coming out the vent.

If I had the option, though, I would like to go inline but there isn't the access I need to fit one.

Back
Top Bottom