Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

Associate
No wonder my MSi GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus was getting hot if that's how they slap it on. Would love to know what crap paste they use. It was like this after 12 months use and Temos were always too high since new.

NvL2MqosCGzDjedv6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NvL2MqosCGzDjedv6

Associate
Fascinating read, would love to see results compared with Thermal Grizzly products, which was considering purchasing. Interestingly I still have AS5 from my last build - I just presumed the technology had moved on, but maybe its a winning formula!

Associate
This is a good review, although outdated at this point.
I am looking for some new Paste, for my upgrade build.
MX4 or the NT-H1 are the one's I'm looking at.
Is there a preference?

Soldato
This is a good review, although outdated at this point.
I am looking for some new Paste, for my upgrade build.
MX4 or the NT-H1 are the one's I'm looking at.
Is there a preference?
It's not a good review if you want to compare temps of one kind of TIM application compared to another because there temperature of room was not monitored and recorded at time CPU temp was recorded. Not even room temperature was monitored adn recorded during weeks of testing.

Soldato
Nothing bad about it. You just skimmed through and didn't notice the lack of reference air temp in testing. Many of us didn't notice it at first either.

Soldato
Keep in mind the testing done in this review did not monitor/record the air temp into cooler .. not even the air temp in the room .. so to be safe figure if recorded temps were delta of air temp into cooler instead of just CPU temps they could easily be 3-5c more or less .. we have no way of knowing.

Associate
Fascinating read, would love to see results compared with Thermal Grizzly products, which was considering purchasing. Interestingly I still have AS5 from my last build - I just presumed the technology had moved on, but maybe its a winning formula!
I too would like to see a comparison with the thermal grizzly kyronaut and now particularly the carbonaut thermal pad. The carbonnaut has much better thermal conductivity especially if clamped down hard (like on a cpu).

Associate
I saw quite a few YouTube’s for thermal grizzly carbonated and despite seemingly having better thermal conductivity it actually does not perform as well as paste. This may be due to the thickness of the layer. I will stick with kryonaut.

Soldato
I saw quite a few YouTube’s for thermal grizzly carbonated and despite seemingly having better thermal conductivity it actually does not perform as well as paste. This may be due to the thickness of the layer. I will stick with kryonaut.
It's not so much the thickness of the layer as the nature of it. It's not a liquid and can't move around to fill gaps, squeeze out, etc in the same way. It's mostly design to be consistent and safe to apply, rather than "better" than enthusiast solutions. Think about stock paste in consumer machines like HP and Dell. It's thick and goopy but tends to stay in place and is probably easier to apply in bulk.

Also I believe the thermal conductivity is best laterally, along the material, rather than from chip to heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom