Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
I've just broke 102 hours and I still want to keep playing. I think I'm gonna treat myself to the DLC, it's that good. Killed all the mythical beasts (found the Wolf one the hardest), killed all the cultists, some were purely by chance, so now I'm just working towards getting the relics back.

I got the engraving which does '100% health and 50% damage increase' to tamed Animals. My god, my bear was a beast. Until it randomly died out of combat. lol.

I was using the armour set which gave a 25% increase to elemental damage but now wearing the suit which allows all arrows to pierce armour. I only use 2 weapon types. a dagger and a sword. But each have an engraving. My dagger damage is poison and my sword is fire. I alternate between fire and poison bows but currently using my bow which buffs tamed companions.

Soldato
I'm actually at 130 hours now!...still got a load of quests left as well.

I did the first chapter of the dlc but I haven't downloaded the next part yet as I will wait for the changes to it.

The dlc was OK but disappointing they aren't mixing it up more. I hope they add a new money/resource sink in one of the dlc.

As for tamed animals, I think they are a little underdeveloped(like a fair amount in the game tbh). They die too easily for me.... And they won't even go in caves!

Soldato
Once you get a certain engraving to buff them, tamed animals become very good. They still suck if they get grouped up on by a few elites but standard enemies or 1 on 1's with elite enemies, they destroy them.

I do wish I could do simple commands though. Sometimes I'd prefer it in a passive mode/sat back away from the action.

Soldato
Finally "100% ed" the game, though not quite as there's still some challenges for engravings to do.

Overall I am a HUGE fan & truly it is one of the best games I've ever played and that's because it combines every element together intelligently and as an actual game not simply a vehicle for some movie/tv show wannabe like some of last year's "hits" which for me completely flopped from the gameplay perspective (rdr2, gow etc).

One thing that I'm disappointed by, going back to Origins now, is how nerfed Odyssey is compared to it from a graphical standpoint. The draw distance & its scaling, the sharpness & clarity of the game, as well as the sound engineering (in 5.1) are all a class above in Origins. I wish they would at least give us the option to tweak these settings in an ini at least as it's a damn shame a game this good is held back. 4k in Origins feels like 4k, in Odyssey it's more like 1800p. Funny thing is i don't remember the difference being this large at launch. Mind you I am playing an unofficial version of Origins so I haven't been updated with the nerfs I've heard that got as well, but Odyssey is the uplay one.

Overall I am now as excited about the next AC game as I am about CP2077, which is to say - a helluva lot! Especially if it ends up being Rome. Just hope they improve the graphics tweaks some.

Soldato
Finally "100% ed" the game, though not quite as there's still some challenges for engravings to do.

Overall I am a HUGE fan & truly it is one of the best games I've ever played and that's because it combines every element together intelligently and as an actual game not simply a vehicle for some movie/tv show wannabe like some of last year's "hits" which for me completely flopped from the gameplay perspective (rdr2, gow etc).

One thing that I'm disappointed by, going back to Origins now, is how nerfed Odyssey is compared to it from a graphical standpoint. The draw distance & its scaling, the sharpness & clarity of the game, as well as the sound engineering (in 5.1) are all a class above in Origins. I wish they would at least give us the option to tweak these settings in an ini at least as it's a damn shame a game this good is held back. 4k in Origins feels like 4k, in Odyssey it's more like 1800p. Funny thing is i don't remember the difference being this large at launch. Mind you I am playing an unofficial version of Origins so I haven't been updated with the nerfs I've heard that got as well, but Odyssey is the uplay one.

Overall I am now as excited about the next AC game as I am about CP2077, which is to say - a helluva lot! Especially if it ends up being Rome. Just hope they improve the graphics tweaks some.

One quick question, are you using low for AA? If so, that's why. Use medium or high. Low downsamples and then upscales for AA causing blurry image. I changed recently and the image is much sharper. No impact for me going from low to high.

Soldato
One quick question, are you using low for AA? If so, that's why. Use medium or high. Low downsamples and then upscales for AA causing blurry image. I changed recently and the image is much sharper. No impact for me going from low to high.

No, I am comparing 4K maxed out, so AA high. I would also say, it's the same story if I go to 5K or 140% resolution scaling, tried both. There's simply a softer image for Odyssey, but the more annoying thing is the texture streaming which is just worse for some reason and I really don't remember it being like that at launch but who knows - memories are tricky.

Soldato
I haven't touched the DLC yet. Any good?
Not bad so far. I've played the first episode... It was more of the same really.

I resumed my 140 hour playthrough yesterday as nothing else is grabbing me. There is loads of new content since the last time I played it. Two new dlc episodes and 3 lost tales of Greece. Plus of course all the side quests I don't do.
Mad how much content there is in this game!

Soldato
I'm doing the 2nd dlc episode now. I'm finding it pretty good actually. Better than the first for sure. Stronger story with better characters.

Since coming back to the game I have noticed a few things seem to have changed, but I'm not sure if it related to the dlc or just changes they made:
1. There seem to be more types of ships on the sea(sails I never noticed before)
2. Whereas before salvage only gave you olive Wood, now I occasionally get a piece of gear instead, which is much better.
3. There are far more precious gems available!

Soldato
Any way to reduce CPU load in this game? Even going up to 4k doesn't help much, the game tries to murder my 8700k as it gets to over 80c

Soldato
Any way to reduce CPU load in this game? Even going up to 4k doesn't help much, the game tries to murder my 8700k as it gets to over 80c

Not really, just heavy on the CPU really. Though I suppose better cooling and / or reducing any overclock you may have will help. Will check later what temps my 8700k gets in my HTPC rig but cannot recall temps being that warm when I play this game in the Living room on a 4k TV.

Caporegime
So I was having a mooch about trying to find info about what Google's up to tomorrow and came across this screenshot from the Project Stream test. Does anyone know what this outfit is? I don't recall see anything like this in my game.

gyD1KIc.jpg

Soldato
So I was having a mooch about trying to find info about what Google's up to tomorrow and came across this screenshot from the Project Stream test. Does anyone know what this outfit is? I don't recall see anything like this in my game.

gyD1KIc.jpg

It's the Spartan renegade outfit. Need to buy it on store or through that guy selling legendry bits and getting lucky.

My current and fav set as its nice for warrior builds with high crit damage / chance. Combine with flaming sword on main bar and spear on back and it's lethal.

Back
Top Bottom