What is your favourite meal of all time?

Soldato
Hard to beat Christmas dinner, but I've never been able to escape my yearning for gammon, pineapple, chips & peas, followed by lemon meringue pie. It was my childhood birthday meal and is still my birthday treat to myself.

Soldato
Bone marrow on toast with parsley salad at St John Bread & Wine. I rarely go back to the same restaurant let alone order the same thing so that must be saying something.

Aside from that, roast lamb.

Soldato
Medium porterhouse steak with home cooked chips and a mustard and stilton sauce to dip the chips into.

But not in the UK - best steak I've ever tasted was in New Zealand - you don't get, or need, a steak knife!

Man of Honour
I don't really have any one favourite - though when it all comes together I've a hybrid of two different Italian dishes that is amazing when the chicken and sauce is just right - Chicken, Bacon with Dolcelatte sauce and both Tuscany potatoes and pasta. Combined with a South West Australian wine and Banoffee desert.

Birdpoo trifle in a convertible :D.

My gran used to make an amazing Gooseberry trifle with 99 flake - dunno what she did different but everyone elses tastes like a poor substitute in comparison.

Soldato
i dont have any one favourite as what i like can be very mood dependent, but xmas dinner, bacon n cheese bolognese, fish n chips,tuna rice+ peas+ onion are all heavy contenders

+1

Sometimes melted cheese on toast is the best, probably just go steak though.

Soldato
That's a hard one to answer and my answer will most likely vary.

Right now though it'd be a big lump of blue fillet steak, triple cooked chips, stilton hollandaise, macaroni cheese and greens. So pretty much what I'll be having Saturday night then.

Back
Top Bottom