Watercooling basket check please

Soldato

Any idea if these are compatible with this? It doesn't specifically say that it is in the item description but by the looks of things are lot of these EK reservoir parts look to be somewhat interchangeable?

I'm also putting together my first ever loop hence my noob question. And FWIW i bought Barrow fittings from Aliexpress and feel like quality items, not that I have anything to compare them to of course. You can get off Ebay too but they're about 1/3rd more expensive.

Soldato
Any idea if these are compatible with this? It doesn't specifically say that it is in the item description but by the looks of things are lot of these EK reservoir parts look to be somewhat interchangeable?

I'm also putting together my first ever loop hence my noob question. And FWIW i bought Barrow fittings from Aliexpress and feel like quality items, not that I have anything to compare them to of course. You can get off Ebay too but they're about 1/3rd more expensive.

Yeah is compatible as I have the exact same res/pump in mine and am using the multi port top as well.

Soldato
OP

Going by the description those EK tops are compatible with the X-RES.

Most of my BitsPower stuff arrived this morning.
I’ve also ordered a bucket load of Barrow fittings. Will be using them for my 2nd rig. Plan to do metal tubing loop.

I’ve now seen both Barrow & BitsPower fittings side by side in the metal.

Barrows are impressive. Feel very solid, high quality product.
The BitsPower are that one step better imo.
Deffo not worth the level of premium we pay in the UK though.

Soldato
OP
Okay guys. Proper noob to hard tubing here.

The fittings came with a number of o-rings.
2 of these are attached to the fitting, so I know what these are for.
& 2 are simply loose in the bag. I assume 1 goes on the tube and the other is a spare.
They are both slightly different in size/thickness. So which one do I use & which is the spare?

here is a pic borrowed from the interweb that I labeled:
Ow3Jgyv.jpg

Soldato
My assumption would be, one goes inside the "lid" part of the fitting before you screw it on. For some reason the name escapes me...

So, slide the lid onto the tubing, then the plastic washer if it has one, then an o-ring, then insert the tube into the fitting..and screw down the top.

I'd expect the other o-ring goes on the G1/4 side. I could be wrong.

Soldato
OP
My assumption would be, one goes inside the "lid" part of the fitting before you screw it on. For some reason the name escapes me...

So, slide the lid onto the tubing, then the plastic washer if it has one, then an o-ring, then insert the tube into the fitting..and screw down the top.

I'd expect the other o-ring goes on the G1/4 side. I could be wrong.

the G1/4 side already has an o-ring.
the 2 loose o-rings is the issue, I know one goes on the tube between fitting and the compression top, but which of the loose rings do I use? They are both slightly different from each other.
One would be a spare for the inside (as these damage easily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom