**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Anyone still not got their returns stuff for the phone trade in? No sign of mine yet. :(
Got mine on Saturday and phone has arrived at the recyclers today. It does say if you havent got your pack to contact them via email. Still plenty of time.

On that same 7 days, a return package would be sent to you by MTR Group with the instructions as to how and where to drop off the package. In case you're wondering who MTR is, MTR Group is a company affiliated with Samsung that is in charge of collecting the trade in device.

If in any case, say for example that after 10 days of receiving the device and no return package was sent to you, you can make a follow up with MTR by contacting them at 0333-207-9676 or email them at [email protected]

Associate
Anyone here upgrade from a iPhone XS Max to s10+ pls
Yes, me.

For a few years Samsung has interested me with their edge screens, OLED’s and Android’s customisation options. I am bored with iPhone, the same icon rows for near on ten years now and the locked down mentality. Apple’s greed and the restrictions iOS comes with.

I went for the black S10 Plus 512gb in ceramic and it’s stunning in every single way. However, the OS polish just doesn’t match iOS. iOS is just so well polished and it’s little things like glancing at your locked phone to show your notifications, whereas the notifications on my S10 are hit and miss. Each app has its own set of settings for notifications as well as a notification section in the settings and I still can’t get my Ring door bell app to not vibrate 4 times whenever I get a notification.

Overall, the S10 is stunning and I would recommend it but the iPhone bug is hard to let go of. Here’s hoping for more in iOS 13!

Soldato
Yes, me.

For a few years Samsung has interested me with their edge screens, OLED’s and Android’s customisation options. I am bored with iPhone, the same icon rows for near on ten years now and the locked down mentality. Apple’s greed and the restrictions iOS comes with.

I went for the black S10 Plus 512gb in ceramic and it’s stunning in every single way. However, the OS polish just doesn’t match iOS. iOS is just so well polished and it’s little things like glancing at your locked phone to show your notifications, whereas the notifications on my S10 are hit and miss. Each app has its own set of settings for notifications as well as a notification section in the settings and I still can’t get my Ring door bell app to not vibrate 4 times whenever I get a notification.

Overall, the S10 is stunning and I would recommend it but the iPhone bug is hard to let go of. Here’s hoping for more in iOS 13!
This what worries me as we know iOS is so polish and just works. If only if apple let us custtomise the screen how we want it it be bang on great.

Associate
How do you like it compared to your XS Max, and will you be using the S10+ as your daily driver?

I use two phones so have an iphone just for the sake of having one. I prefer the s10 + though for all the added features and I prefer the notifications and design of the new ui. And the customization. And the display, and the battery and the multitasking and the lack of notch and the free buds coming and the fast charging in the box.... etc etc etc lol....

Associate
Might just wait for this month apple conference see what ios 13 brings

Thinking of the new phone in September, I would hazard a guess at, say, 3 cameras on the back. 2 on the front. Passive wireless charging, 3D fingerprint scanner in screen.....

I've had Apple so for long, starting off with the original. Missed a couple of S models here and there. They don't innovate anymore. They copy whatever everyone else does and pass it off as if they were the first to implement it. For me, the S10+ is a breath of fresh air. I don't mind that the OS isn't as polished. That's what we get for being able to customise everything.

Soldato
Thinking of the new phone in September, I would hazard a guess at, say, 3 cameras on the back. 2 on the front. Passive wireless charging, 3D fingerprint scanner in screen.....

I've had Apple so for long, starting off with the original. Missed a couple of S models here and there. They don't innovate anymore. They copy whatever everyone else does and pass it off as if they were the first to implement it. For me, the S10+ is a breath of fresh air. I don't mind that the OS isn't as polished. That's what we get for being able to customise everything.

Really do fancy giving it a go an the same been with original since day one.

People says android message charge sending emoji as they get sent as mms rather than sms?

Also phone slows down quickly if don’t shut apps down?

Soldato
Really do fancy giving it a go an the same been with original since day one.

People says android message charge sending emoji as they get sent as mms rather than sms?

Also phone slows down quickly if don’t shut apps down?

Sounds like the people you're talking to are iSlapheads.

Back
Top Bottom