Possible problem with myHermes, can anyone please advise

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't worry they'll probably be scanned into the hub late this evening.

Lets hope your correct. It just feels so strange given they were collected yesterday at midday, and the Hermes tracking system has no record of it. What is more worrying is I had an email yesterday from Hermes asking me a time to recollect, even when they had collected.

Soldato
OP
Good news, the items are now showing as collected on the Hermes tracking system. Hope everyone can understand my concern given it's taken 33 hours for them to show as collected, plus was never given any recite for them. Now I just hope they arrive at the destination ok.

Underboss
Thanks for everyone that replied, it looks like everything is ok. I'll put down below everything that happened since last post.

I live in Crewe, and at 2am yesterday I phoned the Hermes depot in Crewe, a chap there checked all the packages looking for 2 large Yamaha speaker box's but found nothing, at this point i'm getting quite worried.

The collection was booked via Parcel2Go, so just after 8am I contacted Parcel2Go on their live chat. I was told basically the same as what I was seeing on tracking information, Parcel2Go did say the driver should have scanned in front of me, and left a collection recite, neither of these happened. Parcel2Go said they only had email contact with Hermes and it would be 1-2 days for a response.

So I then contacted Hermes head office before 9am this morning, explained the situation and eventually got a really helpful person who made a phone call while I waited on the phone. From what I can understand, because the items to be collected are large there is another third party courier (not a Hermes courier) that collected the items. Hermes has spoken to the manager of the other courier and they have confirmed by phone they have my items, i'm told sometime today the items will show as collected once they enter the Hermes dept. I'm told the other courier only works with paper, and this is why the system has not updated.

So it looks like everything is ok, and i'm just waiting now for the items to eventually show as accepted by Hermes. I hope everyone can understand my concerns given I had no collection recite and the tracking system was attempted re-collection.

wait, 2AM ? they are closed aren't they?

Underboss
Good news, the items are now showing as collected on the Hermes tracking system. Hope everyone can understand my concern given it's taken 33 hours for them to show as collected, plus was never given any recite for them. Now I just hope they arrive at the destination ok.

lets hope so, and they turn up at destination , not just empty boxes

like u , id be worried as well, but ive always given a receipt when they've picked them up

Soldato
Thanks for everyone that replied, it looks like everything is ok. I'll put down below everything that happened since last post.

I live in Crewe, and at 2am yesterday I phoned the Hermes depot in Crewe, a chap there checked all the packages looking for 2 large Yamaha speaker box's but found nothing, at this point i'm getting quite worried.

The collection was booked via Parcel2Go, so just after 8am I contacted Parcel2Go on their live chat. I was told basically the same as what I was seeing on tracking information, Parcel2Go did say the driver should have scanned in front of me, and left a collection recite, neither of these happened. Parcel2Go said they only had email contact with Hermes and it would be 1-2 days for a response.

So I then contacted Hermes head office before 9am this morning, explained the situation and eventually got a really helpful person who made a phone call while I waited on the phone. From what I can understand, because the items to be collected are large there is another third party courier (not a Hermes courier) that collected the items. Hermes has spoken to the manager of the other courier and they have confirmed by phone they have my items, i'm told sometime today the items will show as collected once they enter the Hermes dept. I'm told the other courier only works with paper, and this is why the system has not updated.

So it looks like everything is ok, and i'm just waiting now for the items to eventually show as accepted by Hermes. I hope everyone can understand my concerns given I had no collection recite and the tracking system was attempted re-collection.

Could you hear loud music playing in the background?

Soldato
Glad the outcome was positive for you.

I used to work for a company that produced hydraulic rams and tnt would lose the frighteningly regularly. These weren’t small either, think 6 - 8 feet tall and weighing a few hundred kilos. I never understood it as there was a label on the ram and one one the pallet.

Soldato
OP
Another update on this, and now totally separate problems with delivery.

I have a situation where last Thursday myHermes attempted to deliver the two parcels to buyer, there was a message to confirm the delivery address as there is an issue delivering. So I phoned the buyer and confirmed with Parcel2Go the delivery address was correct. I also emailed myHermes explaining the situation.

Then this morning I received an email from myHermes saying in their words 'someone at the delivery address refused the parcels'. The email then goes on to say the parcels are being returned to the shipper.

I have also contacted Parcel2Go tonight who placed the order by web-chat, and they confirm the parcels are now being returned to me, and it could take 5-14 days.

So now where do I stand? I have an email from myHermes customer service saying buyer refused delivery of parcels. At this stage i'm concerned about condition of speakers being returned to me. Also how do I stand refunding the buyer (do I even have to) if they refused delivery of the parcels?

Any help appreciated.

Soldato
OP
Did you contact the buyer and find out why they refused delivery?

I phoned him a couple of hours after Hermes said there was an issue with delivery, at this stage Hermes was just trying to re-confirm address and their system said they re-deliver in the next 24 hours. He never mentioned to me he refused delivery during that call.

Soldato
OP
Just an update on this, and you won't believe.

myHermes could not deliver to the address of the eBay buyer, I had an email response from myHermes saying someone at the address refused the parcel. So I spoke to the buyer over the phone and confirmed the address was correct, that I then relayed to parcel2Go. Postage address has always been correct since playing the order. Also it's important to note myHermes only attempted to deliver once, and made no attempt to phone the buyer, I had given buyers phone number to Hermes and buyer says they never called.

So without being given any option, the speakers were returned to myself.

I opened the speakers, and there damaged, one part of the damage is 3/4 of solid wood speaker base smashed, to do this damage a significant impact has occurred. Also all the polystyrene foam inside the speaker box's is damaged, for this to happen the speaker box's must have suffered multiple impacts.

I have spoken to both eBay and PayPal who say they won't compensate, and I will have to refund the buyer. I have read on an old eBay forum that if a item is refused I don't have to compensate. The buyer has opened a case against me saying items have not arrived.

I currently have a case open with parcel2Go claiming for full refund as I will be out of pocket by £270 for the speakers plus £56 postage, and told them non of this is any fault of my own.

Can anyone give any advice on above, other then don't use myHermes again.

Soldato
always risky sending big bulky items, with any courier.
Although that price I am almost certain I could find a man in a van, to remove the risk of damage.

Back
Top Bottom