New White Hart Lane - Delayed

Permabanned
Because it makes not sense to move into the new stadium a few games before the season ends.

Also, there was a rule stating how at the begining of each season, u can only register one home ground to play in.

Just wait and move into it at the start of the new season. patience....

The stadium costs 1 billion euros, the sooner it opens, the sooner it begins to return the investment.
Might be several home games till May but there can be numerous other events during the summer.

No patience, right now open it :D

Caporegime
Arsenal was never going to be an option for a first game anyway because the police want a 'normal' game before having to deal with the usual NLD trouble.

Don
OP
Judging by Poch's comments today it looks like it's going to be Wembley for the rest of the season. I can understand the financial pressure Spurs are under to make the move asap but surely a proper opening at the start of next season is best for all concerned.

Don
OP
As I said before, I know money is tight but surely it makes more sense to open properly at the start of next season? To open with barely a month of the season to go and to not even know the date or opposition until a little over 2 weeks before the game just seems a bit of a farce, although I suppose that is in keeping with the whole situation.

Soldato
As I said before, I know money is tight but surely it makes more sense to open properly at the start of next season? To open with barely a month of the season to go and to not even know the date or opposition until a little over 2 weeks before the game just seems a bit of a farce, although I suppose that is in keeping with the whole situation.
I agree. I think it makes open it up for the start of the season. Don't they already get a decent gate receipt from Wembley?

Soldato
Shouldn't be allowed until next season

Its unfair on relegation threatened teams who have already played spurs at wembley

Its well known when a team moves into a new stadium they struggle, it could impact massively on who gets relegated this season

Should be a ban on playing home games at different stadiums in a season

Soldato
Not sure why anyone has a problem with us moving to our new stadium ASAP. Wembley is *****, I refuse to go there I hate it that much. It’s costing the club a lot of money to play there, we only have a handful of games left to play at home anyway. With out current form in last 4 league form we could play anywhere and give points away anyway.

Soldato
because for a relegation threatened team facing spurs at Wembley is a completely different ask to facing them in a brand new stadium that's asmuch new to them as it is the opposition

Soldato
because for a relegation threatened team facing spurs at Wembley is a completely different ask to facing them in a brand new stadium that's asmuch new to them as it is the opposition

I'm not sure it will make a bit of difference. We might either get a massive boost from the fans being back at our home or playing in a new stadium again might go against us. Anyway all the clubs agreed we could do it so its kind of a pointless argument. If the test events go off without a hitch we'll be in for our next home game.

Caporegime
Its well known when a team moves into a new stadium they struggle, it could impact massively on who gets relegated this season

Have you not seen Tottenham play lately?

Fulham and Huddersfield are as good as gone, we have to play CP and Brighton so they are the 'benefactors' but you've got Cardiff who are 5pts adrift of them already. It's an absolute nonsense argument.

You could say it's not fair for a team higher up to field a weakened squad against a team in the relegation battle because you've got a UCL or cup game coming up, giving them a higher chance of winning.

Don
OP
It's not really a nonsense arguement. There's no knowing whether Spurs moving into their new stadium will be an advantage or disadvantage but the point is it's not an even playing field for everybody. That was the entire reason why the PL had the rule about 1 stadium for the entire season

And you can't compare a club fielding a weakened team to this. You cannot plan for this or predict who will be in the latter stages of the CL, whether they have anything to play for in the PL and whether they need or will rest players. This situation is clear cut - 4 teams will play under different conditions than the other 15.

Soldato
It's not really a nonsense arguement. There's no knowing whether Spurs moving into their new stadium will be an advantage or disadvantage but the point is it's not an even playing field for everybody. That was the entire reason why the PL had the rule about 1 stadium for the entire season

And you can't compare a club fielding a weakened team to this. You cannot plan for this or predict who will be in the latter stages of the CL, whether they have anything to play for in the PL and whether they need or will rest players. This situation is clear cut - 4 teams will play under different conditions than the other 15.
indeed. As i said previously here, there was a rule that you can only register and play on one Home stadium.

Why was this rule eradicated for spurs sake? Fair enough if the stadium was delayed for just a month of a season but its been pushed back until right near the end of the season!

Back
Top Bottom