• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Had to return my Gigabyte Windforce 2060 card due to noise, what should I replace it with?

Soldato
I'd go MSI if air cooling. Their fans seem to be the best in terms of idle noise/speed and especially start up. I had a 1080Ti gaming x and you couldnt even hear the fans start up. Unlike a lot of cards which go from 0-1000rpm in 0.1seconds flat, drop temp by 1-2c, fans turn off, then repeat constantly. Quite a few cards do this not just gigabyte. One of my reasons for air cooling.

Associate
And do you think the Vega 56 is worth it over the 1660ti or 2060? I mean i have heard good things but also it seems like it only gets to peak performance after tweaking and undervolting etc. If i wasnt to tweak the card would it still be cool/quiet?
The Sapphire V56 Pulse would definitely be worth it over the 1660ti.
The 2060 is about £100 more and you only get 6gb mem - at 4k I find most games use more than that.
I'm a professional sound engineer and musician, so having a quiet pc is important to me - the Vega 64 nitro + is very quiet - fans spin @ 1130rpm on the power saver bios (you just slide a switch to the left to enable it) with fast FPS, temps under 70 deg.
Ask on the vega 56 owners forum about the Pulse card, and for some easy undervolting settings (I'd guess mem @ 945mhz/1000mv - P6 1632mhz/1000mv, P7 1672/1050mv) - That will mean nothing at the moment, but a quick look at global wattman in the radeon settings software and you'll quickly see what I mean.
If I can do it, you can do it - it's easy.

Back
Top Bottom