**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Cht1kWk

Soldato
I bought my pixel through the email they sent round giving away £75 worth of google play store stuff.

Haven't heard a scoobie do about it since.

Any one else?

---

I also have an annoying screen flash occasionally when I receive a message or pick up the phone. Been there since I got the phone.

It can be jarring at times as it flashes when your not expecting it.

---

All in all, it's quite a disappointing phone. For the £750 I paid it feels no where near flagship.

Soldato
I bought my pixel through the email they sent round giving away £75 worth of google play store stuff.

Haven't heard a scoobie do about it since.

Any one else?

---

I also have an annoying screen flash occasionally when I receive a message or pick up the phone. Been there since I got the phone.

It can be jarring at times as it flashes when your not expecting it.

---

All in all, it's quite a disappointing phone. For the £750 I paid it feels no where near flagship.

If you got it from Google. Call them and get a brand new one sent out if the 'jarring' screen flash is that bad. Also ask them while you are on the phone about the £75 credit. Then you won't feel so sad.

Soldato
Got to agree, first phone I've owned in years that's underwhelmed me. Apart from the camera which is truly incredible. Not sure what they sell for but might sell for A S10

S10 is very sexy indeed, I have been impressed. You will find the software experience a bit meh coming from a pixel but that's about it.

Hoping the P4 will take some design tips from samSams

Soldato
Well to be fair I've had 2 Samsung Edge phones and 2 oneplus phones as of late the Samsung didn't lag like i get on the pixel but the OnePlus was smoother than both. The software and updates on the pixel plus the camera is the only thing really keeping me. This phone absolutely needs 6gb ram.

Associate
Well to be fair I've had 2 Samsung Edge phones and 2 oneplus phones as of late the Samsung didn't lag like i get on the pixel but the OnePlus was smoother than both. The software and updates on the pixel plus the camera is the only thing really keeping me. This phone absolutely needs 6gb ram.

I see a lot of descriptions lately stating the Pixel phones are wonderful cameras attached to mediocre phones, and I'm sort of inclined to agree with that (as much as it upsets some people on here), but like you the software and camera experience is JUST enough to keep me on it. 2XL here but I don't seem to get any lag although I did factory reset it not too long ago but the RAM issue is definitely starting to be felt, I get quite a lot of re-loads now on apps. It does it pretty quick so a lot of the times you don't notice it, but I do notice when my app refreshes and ends up in a different place to where i left it.

If the next Pixel does not have at least 6Gb of RAM (and ideally also a telephoto lens) then I will be moving onto a different manufacturer next time, which is a shame as I feel the phone is only a few intelligent spec bumps away from being a true great. Alternatively, if OnePlus give us a 7 with a great camera and a decent finger print reader then take my money...

Back
Top Bottom