Looking for a new printer to replace laserjet p3015

Associate
As title suggests looking for a new printer to replace the laserjet p3015.

Budget ? I don't know £500?

Any suggestions?

It needs to be able to have 2 trays one for labels and one for A4 paper.

Associate
OP
What is your throughput? Will you be printing in colour?

Not printing in colour, throughput would be just labels, TNT labels probably 100 prints a day over 8 hours so nothing massive.

As long as it prints pretty quick so we dont have to wait 5 minutes for a printout it will do.

but the most have would be two trays so that we can use 1 tray for labels and 1 tray for normal paper.

Soldato
Get yourself two printers: one label, one paper. I've seen it when labels get wrapped around various laser printer innards and it's not fun and often expensive to fix.

OTOH you could just use normal paper and self-adhesive document pouches.

And think about getting two label printers - one as a hot spare. What is the business cost of not being able to label for a day or two?

Associate
OP
Get yourself two printers: one label, one paper. I've seen it when labels get wrapped around various laser printer innards and it's not fun and often expensive to fix.

OTOH you could just use normal paper and self-adhesive document pouches.

And think about getting two label printers - one as a hot spare. What is the business cost of not being able to label for a day or two?

First option sounds best, can you spec a good laserjet and a A5 label printer.

Cheers

Soldato
I've been out of it for some years so I'll leave the particular recommendations to others but we used to use Zebra label printers. I suggest you speak to TNT for your label printer.

As for printing documents, get yourself a nice HP or Brother duplex printer. Something like the HP Laserjet Pro M402dne for light printing; something bigger for heavier duties.

Back
Top Bottom