**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Yup.

I got a 50% off accessories code drop in the Samsung members app. But late for me as I just bought the new duo charger on Monday for 90 quid, but it brings the price down to 45 quid (I tried the code on the duo and it worked).
Just checked, saw it in the app then it says 'maximum participation reached for this promotion'

Saves me buying something I didn't really need at least I guess ha

Soldato
Just checked, saw it in the app then it says 'maximum participation reached for this promotion'

Saves me buying something I didn't really need at least I guess ha
Grrr I knew I saw this today when randomly in the app. Come home and thinking about ordering a charger and it's gone now. Not paying £60 for a wireless charger.

Soldato
Anyone found any imperfections on their screen?

Got the S10 plus and just noticed a thin horizontal line about a cm long right where the old home button is.

The line only shows on a white background and it looks like a line of multicoloured pixels.

When you view the same area on a coloured background its fine. To me it looks like it can't produce a white pixel/oled/whatever.

Will try and take a picture with my s8 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Associate
I was due to get my S10 next week, with a trade-in for my S7 Edge.. I've looked after the phone for 3 years and it is immaculate .. So what happens this morning? It fell out of my pocket as I got out of the car and cracked the corner of the screen. :( Now there is no way they will give me £200 for the phone, and the main reason I pre-ordered was because I though £200 was generous for the S7.. (I couldnt care less about the buds really)

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone found any imperfections on their screen?

Got the S10 plus and just noticed a thin horizontal line about a cm long right where the old home button is.

The line only shows on a white background and it looks like a line of multicoloured pixels.

When you view the same area on a coloured background its fine. To me it looks like it can't produce a white pixel/oled/whatever.

Will try and take a picture with my s8 tomorrow.

I have not noticed that, but that I have noticed is a pink hue on shift and it’s getting on my nerves. I’ve had the device replaced and the second one is even worse. I’ve removed the screen protectors and it didn’t make a difference.

Anyone else notice this pink hue on tilt?

Soldato
@Gman, sounds like you have a row of dead sub pixels. New screen required if thats the case.

I have not noticed that, but that I have noticed is a pink hue on shift and it’s getting on my nerves. I’ve had the device replaced and the second one is even worse. I’ve removed the screen protectors and it didn’t make a difference.

Anyone else notice this pink hue on tilt?

Oleds do have tint issues off axis but in my experience that varies greatly between generations. My note 4 went really green off axis. S8, not so much. I guess it depends on your usage as to whether its acceptable or not but by the sounds of it if you are already on your 2nd device then I dont know if you'll find an acceptable one.

Associate
@Gman, sounds like you have a row of dead sub pixels. New screen required if thats the case.

Oleds do have tint issues off axis but in my experience that varies greatly between generations. My note 4 went really green off axis. S8, not so much. I guess it depends on your usage as to whether its acceptable or not but by the sounds of it if you are already on your 2nd device then I dont know if you'll find an acceptable one.

I appreciate that and that’s why I’ve been down the exchange route because of the tint. The in-store units didn’t have this pink shift.

It’s annoying as hell as you tilt the screen up and down the pink follows the movement.

Soldato
Any good but not expensive screen protectors that will preserve the quality of the screen and at the same time not go bad themselves? I hate over time the screen just goes cloudy looking in the daylight and all your grease sticks to it and makes the screen look rubbish.

Soldato
Any good but not expensive screen protectors that will preserve the quality of the screen and at the same time not go bad themselves? I hate over time the screen just goes cloudy looking in the daylight and all your grease sticks to it and makes the screen look rubbish.

I'll be leaving the standard one on it until lots of people have tested glass ones for me :D

Back
Top Bottom