*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Cheers all. Lone Echo bought, and played about 30 mins of it before I had to give up because it was starting to make me feel a little queasy.

I've not quite got over the motion sickness issue yet - and am probably still a little under the weather from a sickness bug last week, so not in the best fettle for VR gaming. Really enjoyed the start though.

Associate
I've not quite got over the motion sickness issue yet - and am probably still a little under the weather from a sickness bug last week, so not in the best fettle for VR gaming. Really enjoyed the start though.
Short bursts are best whilst you get used to it - don't try to play through.
I found having a fan blowing air in your face helped quite a bit for me - skyrim full motion was bad or me.

The game does start slow and I actually put it down for a few months after I bought it initially. But keep going it is an awesome experience.

Soldato
https://store.steampowered.com/app/252470/Space_Pirates_And_Zombies_2/

Space Pirates And Zombies 2 is £3.75 for the next 3 days.

They did a great job on converting it to VR. Full use of motion controls, performs great and looks fantastic on the battle screen with the vibrant colours. At full asking there's a challenging campaign that'll run you about 20hrs, and a sandbox mode that's enjoyable for creating bespoke builds.

£3.75 is a steal.

Soldato
Got a coupon via Steam to buy Electronauts (a music making game) for £3.75. Bought! I seem to be getting a lot of Steam VR coupons recently.

Soldato
A load of games seem to have had a permanent price reduction on steam recently.

Most notable for me would be the Golf Club VR. Now at £7 from £22 originally. It's hard work, but if you've got a decent swing within you, it's practically the 1 on 1 experience, and more so if make a club adapter the way people have.

Associate
A load of games seem to have had a permanent price reduction on steam recently.

Most notable for me would be the Golf Club VR. Now at £7 from £22 originally. It's hard work, but if you've got a decent swing within you, it's practically the 1 on 1 experience, and more so if make a club adapter the way people have.

Thanks for that. Have had Golf Club VR on my wishlist for a while. I then normally wait for an 'item on sale' alert but as its a seemingly permanent reduction I didn't get a notification!

Back
Top Bottom