***The Official Guitar Thread***

Caporegime

Is it weird that I am quite embarrassed about what guitar to bring with me to lessons? It's like the most 1st world problem.

Can I play the "Guitars I've bought & sold since 1970" game :)

If you say "1959 Les Paul" or "1963 Fender Strat" but sold for a Yamaha then I am going to beat you with it :p

Man of Honour
If you say "1959 Les Paul" or "1963 Fender Strat" but sold for a Yamaha then I am going to beat you with it :p

:)
but I did sell a Yamaha SG2000 and Gibson Les Paul for a James Tyler JTV-59.

I was gigging last night and my fellow band mate asked me what guitar I'd pull first if my house was on fire.
I said I'd take this one I'm holding, my trusty been with me every day since the late 70s Fender FG-335ii acoustic and he said "Well why have you never had a case for it? You just carry it around and put it anywhere".
I bought one last night :)

Man of Honour
Guitar amp suggestions, anyone? Currently eyeing Blackstar HT1, says here it has clean sounds. Other options I have Laney CUB 10 and Roland Micro Cube GX 3W (this last one I like for the price point). Any suggestion would help. Thanks!

The Blackstar ID series is superb and anybody who says they can pick out a tube amp in a blind test are lying, electronic amps have come on in leaps and bounds over the last 10 years.
I currently use a Laney AH300 on stage which is a very clean 300 watt combo and for my guitar sounds I use either a Roland GR55 or Line 6 Firehawk.
My sound goes into a 3000 watt PA system first before coming back to my amp.

Man of Honour
OP
I heard someone play through a matchless amp with a tele a year ago, in a guitar shop. It was probably the best tone I’d ever heard. It was godly!

That overdriven crunch. Good lord.

Soldato
I couldn't buy a Katana because I think they look absolutely horrible, as impressed with the sounds as I am... Stupid reason not to go for an amp but I really dislike its design. Also I tend to steer away from amps with built-in effects because I'm scared it will invalidate all the pedals I've bought over the years!!

Soldato
Do any of you have any go to websites for tabs? The most popular seems to be Ultimate Tabs but can you download tabs to use in Guitar Pro? I see they have a first year for £25 and wondering if it's worth it. If I did buy that on PC, would I also be able to log in on my android phone to use on there too? or is that a separate subscription?

I've also just noticed that it's cheaper on mobile device. Is there any negatives to signing up on android rather than desktop?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I bought a lifetime sub for Ultimate Guitar for £23 and easily one of the best things I've done because I'm on every day.
That reminds me, I've got to learn that Lady Ga Ga tune from the film but I don't know what it's called :)

Caporegime
I bought a lifetime sub for Ultimate Guitar for £23 and easily one of the best things I've done because I'm on every day.
That reminds me, I've got to learn that Lady Ga Ga tune from the film but I don't know what it's called :)

Shallow.

I couldn't buy a Katana because I think they look absolutely horrible, as impressed with the sounds as I am... Stupid reason not to go for an amp but I really dislike its design. Also I tend to steer away from amps with built-in effects because I'm scared it will invalidate all the pedals I've bought over the years!!

Bogner Goldfinger 54 Fi then, great pedal platform :D

Just need £2500.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Don’t really bother with tabs, tend to figure them out by ear.

Do have the ultimate guitar app on my phone which I’ve used now and again but haven’t paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom