BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Are G20's appearing in showrooms yet? I'm thinking of replacing my M140i with a G21 later this year. I think the estate goes on sale in July?

Dealer launch was yesterday. Very impressive and a huge jump over the F30. Feels like a small 5 series again for the first time since the E46.

Soldato
What's not special about the interior compared with the previous model?

The previous car had a more interesting interior. It had details like the round button groups which were specific to the Z4.

To my eye it was a lot prettier and more interesting. Sorry but this interior has no interesting characteristics. I’m not saying it’s a bad interior, it just looks like it could have come from any other BMW. And is the more dull for it.

Soldato
Dealer launch was yesterday. Very impressive and a huge jump over the F30. Feels like a small 5 series again for the first time since the E46.
Do you think? Apart from the digital dash I couldn’t tell it from the previous generation. Also think they’ve gone a bit nuts with the black plastic bits and losing the iconic halo / corona rings is sad, but that’s across the range.

Man of Honour
Tried out an F10 M5 LCI Competition Package at the weekend. I really like the F10 and the fire breathing version would be very interesting.

It was of course very fast - not massively responsive though, a bit like an on-off switch of power, maybe that can be tweaked though somehow. Maybe I was driving it wrong! It felt like it’s designed to sit at 150mph on the Autobahn all day; which I suppose it is! :p Perhaps a bit overkill...

Sadly the car was in average condition (at best) so I’m not even slightly interested!

I am keeping an eye on the BMW AUC’s, if they throw in a 2 year warranty - which so far Sytner have agreed to do - that certainly allays a chunk of the ownership cost.

Had a look at the new Z4 too, it looks a bit bulbous and nothing all that special to me, though I’m sure it’s nice. Z4’s have never been my favourite though.

Caporegime
Can’t say I was that impressed tbh, very expensive too.

Yes it’s a leap forward from the F30, but that’s no great starting point.

As for feeling like a small 5, I could always see the similarities with the E39’s and e46’s interiors but that’s where the similarities end imo and I felt the same with this, it didn’t strike me as particularly “premium” inside whereas the 5’s interior certainly does.

Perhaps I was expecting too much?

I left feeling more than a bit disappointed I must say.

Soldato
Two quick questions:

1) Do I have to worry about this whole car stealing scanning malarkey when I do not have keyless entry?

2) Can you force refresh the car's location in the app? If I've not driven it for a few days, it always seems to say last updated at the time I parked at home. Can I get it to tell me a live location?

Man of Honour
Any idea why I wouldn't be able to book CarPlay onto my car (M140i)? If I log into My BMW it says it isn't available.

Might ask the dealer about it but wondered if it were a common issue.

Associate
Update (not sure anyone cares :)), BMW did fix the washing issue on Saturday, it came out far better than it was before they washed it and mucked the paint up, so I was perfectly happy with the outcome.

But I'd been pondering upgrading for a while and had also been keeping my eye open for a possible replacement, after getting it back I had made my mind up and part exchanged it on Wednesday, I ended up with a pre registered 68 plate 340i MSport with 19 miles on the clock, I did also look at the 5 series but ended up going with another 3.

I will get some pictures up soonish when it's all nice and clean :)

Back
Top Bottom