**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
The notch never bothered me. I actually prefer the tear drop notch over a hole punch. Really I'd prefer no selfie camera at all as I never use them. It'd be nice to have that as an option.

Associate
I think i used the selfie camera once on my OP6 to take a passport photo but thats it.
Problem is i use face unlock all the time so that OP7 popup camera will be up and down like a yoyo.

Associate
With mobiles, why dont they just put a mirror on the back and use the main camera, I'm sure I had a old nokia which had a small little mirror on it

Soldato
Well they managed to put the usual sensors in the front of the S10 line without any interference to the screen.

Surely next year is when we get a seamless selfie camera built behind the screen. They just couldn't do it this year because they already gave us fingerprint scanner and need something for next year ;)

Soldato
OP
The notch on my 6 has never bothered me i would have liked it if they had just went with another teardrop or even how samsung have implemented their front cameras.

Soldato
I think the teardrop notch is perfect to be honest. The middle/centre of your notifications bar is rarely used, so using that space to put the camera there is perfect. I've got a 1cm notch on my Mi A2 Lite which is too big as it hides some notifications, but a teardrop is no problem.

I just find switching to a movable part completely laughable.

Soldato
OP
I'm sorta coming to terms with a pop up camera, i am happy with my 6 but i might just wait and see what the 5g version brings later in the year maybe they will make that model more premium?

Soldato
Just a shame they have dropped the 3.5mm jack, highly doubt it will come back for this.

why? bluetooth/wireless headphone are more and more common - I just don't see what the big issue is without a 3.5mm jack - just personally - it's a non-event for me.

Soldato
why? bluetooth/wireless headphone are more and more common - I just don't see what the big issue is without a 3.5mm jack - just personally - it's a non-event for me.

Between a long commute, weekly hikes and the gym I have my headphones in for quite a substantial time so in my case it's something important to consider. There's dongles but they have a lot of durability issues and having to have one with you.

I would immediately face an increased expense of replacing my current earphones and headphones, then be limited to what's on offer (which is getting better to be fair) at a premium price. I also have to make sure they are charged and worry about battery degradation/failure after a few years.

As it stands manufacturers proven that 3.5mm jack doesn't have to affect things like water ratings so it's mostly an aesthetic issue. Having one doesn't stop you from using wireless headphones but removing it immediately vastly limits you in your choice.

Back
Top Bottom