Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Associate
Pre-ordered, it comes out on my birthday which I have the day off of work for too :D

Hopefully they get the movement on point and the 3d nature of the maps will just really flow.

Soldato
Can't wait to play this, but it sounds tough, If you couldn't parry on DS game's you will struggle is he message i keep hearing, Grinding will not help you, and skipping mini bosses means you miss out on upgrade items.

Associate
Can't wait to play this, but it sounds tough, If you couldn't parry on DS game's you will struggle is he message i keep hearing, Grinding will not help you, and skipping mini bosses means you miss out on upgrade items.

Aka 'git gud'

Grinding will likely help you to the degree that the more you play the better you get which is how bloodborne was.
Never played much Dark souls

Caporegime
Who needed to parry, just go lightweight and dodge in DS and BB.

Guess ill have to get to grips with it if this game focusses more on that, which sucks, dodging > parry.

Soldato
Have now placed my order. I cant not buy a From software title.

I wonder how much replay value it has. Their previous games really have been great for replaying, trying different builds etc. This seems a lot more focused on having a predetermined character/story so some of that may be lost. We shall see!

Soldato
Its like a cross between Tenchu and Bushido Blade. Im interested more than I thought I would be. Will be looking into this one in more depth. If the combat mechamisms work in the way I hope they do, i will be getting it. Also - the styling and environments look awesome too.

Soldato
Its like a cross between Tenchu and Bushido Blade. Im interested more than I thought I would be. Will be looking into this one in more depth. If the combat mechamisms work in the way I hope they do, i will be getting it. Also - the styling and environments look awesome too.

The developer owns the rights to Tenchu so it's clearly been a big inspiration here, maybe seen as a spiritual successor!

Associate
Bushido Blade? Was that the ps1 game that disqualified you for attacking before the round timer starts? :D

Soldato
Couldn’t resist and ordered the collectors edition from game, had some birthday money left and thought why not! I can’t see this being anything but amazing.

IGN - 9.5
Gamespot 9.0 (review in progress)

Soldato
Pre ordered yesterday on eBay using that 15% off code plus had £7.50 in nectar points so only cost me £30 all in.

Wasn't sure i was going to order as have recently played Nioh which kind of burnt me out for that type of Japanese style / setting.

But I've been all in with From Software since DS1 plus i know i would have ended up at Asda midnight to pick it up anyway!

Soldato
Currently sitting at 90 on metacritic so I think From are on to another winner. Only based on 10 reviews mind as many haven't finished it or played enough to complete their reviews just yet.

Back
Top Bottom