New multi monitor set up recommendations please

Associate
I'd like recommendations for some monitors for a multi monitor set up please.

I have very recently completed a start from scratch pc build after my previous build, with numerous interations, lasted the past 8 years or so.

My new build has a 2080 and I want to upgrade my monitors to 1440p from the 1080p ones I bought back then, partly to make the most of the 2080 in gaming and also because 2 of the monitors are DVI which the previous 970 could accomodate.

My current monitors are an IPS Dell U2311H and 2 LG IPS231Ps.

I would like one 1440p 27" for gaming etc and to be the main monitor, budget £800 and 1 or 2 1440p 27" monitors for multitasking including using Photoshop etc, budget £2-300.

I have contemplated an ultrawide monitor but I really love the simplicity of being able to game or run programs in full screen and being able to see things on the other monitors.

Gaming I play mainly sims or tactical fps like DCS, p3d, Xplane, iL2, steelbeasts, ARMA and insurgency, red orchestra etc also RTS and strategy games and racing such as iRacing. An ultrawide would be good for these games I know, but I also use track IR and VR.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey! I've been debating for a while which monitors to get, with similar requirements to yourself. I went for one 27" 1440p monitor at 144hz for extra smoothness especially in FPS games (been playing a fair bit of CSGO and Destiny 2) - finally decided on the Aorus AD27QD (Gigabyte's new IPS). Very new but early rumblings are that it's good!

Wasn't sure whether I wanted a secondary monitor...but given the delay in shipping and my current monitor being almost unusable I went ahead and ordered the Dell U2518D - Dell's 25" 1440p IPS. I plan on mainly using this for productivity on the side. PC Monitor's review here.

Both due to arrive this weekend, so I can give you my feedback on them in a bit if you're interested!

Associate
Personally I'd recommend a good gaming screen 1440p for your main (144hz+) and a 4k 32" ips 60hz for secondary. Plenty of cheap 4k non gaming screens around. I got a acer et322qk for 300 ish

Back
Top Bottom