• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Where the hell is NAVI???????????

Associate
3706eebf51ba01ab5085a1f1c090abaf9185f7b91e7db95f1d2248d049b9ee76.png

Associate

I don't know if that's real but it seems on the right track. People are underestimating the features that Navi could bring, especially when Sony and MS reportedly funded the arch as well. The jump should be like the jump from Pascal to Turing, possibly even better due to 7nm.

The "dual 3584 stream processor" thing could mean that Navi has an architecture similar to Zen with CCXes, and is the solution AMD has to get pass the 4096 SP limit.

Base clocks seem sensible but boost clocks are absurd :eek:. I was certain AMD would go for at least a 2000MHz boost for Navi just so they could flex having the first 2GHz GPU, but up to 2.2-2.5GHz would destroy anything Nvidia has.

Also maybe they finally got those dormant Vega features working with that "new" geometry pipeline :p

Permabanned
If that's true it could bring real competition back to the GPU market, looks like a real power house of a GPU...

That's about as reliable as...

We do have informations about Navi 20.:

AMD will likely introduce Navi in two variants, but the model numbers have largely been disputed. Initial reports suggest that Navi 10 and Navi 11 GPUs would be the first to launch, but now it’s believed that Navi 12 and Navi 10 will be first in the series.
While gamers may have to wait until 2020 to see a high-end Navi 20 graphics card, the first cards are rumored to be priced between $130 and $250.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-navi-rumors-price-release-date/

It's very possible Navi 10 would be 7nm and 3584 shaders, while Navi 20 would be 7nm+ and 7168 shaders.

Soldato
While gamers may have to wait until 2020 to see a high-end Navi 20 graphics card...
while Navi 20 would be 7nm+ and 7168 shaders.
That's Arcturus, not Navi. It's on the roadmap. I've never seen anything rumoured about a Navi 20. Hell, Navi 10 and Navi 12 are still nothing but speculation and rumour at this point. And I don't see AMD continuing to milk GCN after the 6th version either.

Permabanned
That's Arcturus, not Navi. It's on the roadmap. I've never seen anything rumoured about a Navi 20. Hell, Navi 10 and Navi 12 are still nothing but speculation and rumour at this point. And I don't see AMD continuing to milk GCN after the 6th version either.

Post the roadmap, please :p

Two slides are public:

and a much older:

You mean that?:

Permabanned

To be honest I do wonder about GCN and how far away Arcturus really is, If Navi is to be in both the next Xbox & Playstation it would make sense to stretch compatibility for as long as they can.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Soldato
I thought Arcturus as the next gen codename was debunked ages ago by an AMD driver developer.

And for the life of me I can't find the source which alluded to it flip flopping back to the arch codename again.

Unless I dreamt that bit :p

In any case, my underlying point was the talk of a 7nm+ design with 7000+ shaders is more likely to be the post-Navi, non-GCN "next gen" in 2020. If AMD were going to bust past the 4096 shader limit dogging GCN for so long, I think they would've done it already. Unless of course they did manage it with GCN6 for Navi hence the rumoured "performs better than expected" which might give it another shot in the arm and whole new arch is pushed back from 2020.

Soldato
Those slides have written on them - subject to change without notice...

As does every road map, what's your point? Navi may be a year late already but nothing has come to light which has indicated another significant slip pushing "next gen" past 2020.

Since it's all speculation and discussion, I stand by my belief that Navi will be a short-lived affair since it's still GCN and intended to be a small, light and frugal dedicated gaming arch as their fist explicit 7nm design. Ramp the yields, fine-tune the process, make some money, clear out RTG as-was, harmonise as a single, cohesive AMD. Maybe get some new tech and toys in there too ready for the proper, brand new arch "next gen".

Back
Top Bottom