Secure Camera Strap Recommendations

Soldato
So my strap for my XT20 came undone during my holiday and the camera fell directly onto the pavement. The result was a smashed filter, a small chip on centre of the lens and possibly damage to the thread on the lens as I had to pry the filter off. Keen for this to not happen again so can anyone recommend a comfortable and secure strap please? I've heard the Peak designs ones are good. Any others I should consider? Thanks.

Associate
Got a Peak Design Slide Lite on my A7 which is a huge upgrade over the standard strap, more comfortable, easier to adjust and just makes the camera nicer to use. I'm not sure it was any more secure as I have never found any supplied strap to break. Was it attached correctly?

Dave

Soldato
They’re excellent with heavy lenses if you connect them to the tripod mount.
I have got a canon 750D and use the 24-70 2.8 and the 70-200 2.8 and both lens are heavy and the strap has been 100% safe and never felt like it was going to give way,I do check it now again for stitching coming undone ect but it’s been perfect.

Associate
I use a blackrapid with my 300f4.

I have the strap attached to an arca swiss clamp and plates fitted to my camera and lenses.

This makes it easy to switch between strap, tripod and monopod with the camera body or any lenses with feet.

I threadlock everything that might come loose.

Associate
I use a black rapid RS 5 and it is very solid build.
I did buy a very cheap sling from Amazon which is ok as I use this for cabin luggage holidays. The cheap sling is not idea at all and even though I use it is not recommended to follow suit, I know I should need my own concerns.
Just when weight is an issue do I take the cheap one.
I will try and pick up a use Peak Design in the future as I believe it is lighter than the black rapid.

Soldato
Currently using a Peak Design Cuff, for me my camera is either in a bag or in my hand so don't need a full strap to hang it around my neck but the Cuff gives me that backup from dropping it without having wind a full strap around my wrist.

Soldato
I think a black rapid is overkill for a XT20. I have one from my Nikon days and it looks daft on my XT10. I just use a wrist strap from Dead Cameras (really nice),although I'd like to get a nice leather shoulder strap too.

Back
Top Bottom