What internal messaging system do you use for your business?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Skype for Business will be retired at the end of this year. MS seem to be putting all their effort into Teams. We are using it and I'm pretty impressed so far.
Ffs we only changed over last year.

Tbh it doesn’t bother me, but half the organisation hasn’t mastered Skype yet so I will have to sit through yet another “sorry, technical issues...” delay whilst the presenter tries to figure out Teams :mad:

Soldato
OP
It's more of an internal system that's required. Less so about Skype calls or video conferences. Inboxes and trails to follow tasks and actions on specific jobs between staff members. Separate pools for acute and chronic tasks.

Will play around with slack and try Teams.

Soldato
Skype for Business will be retired at the end of this year. MS seem to be putting all their effort into Teams. We are using it and I'm pretty impressed so far.
Really??? We only moved over to Skype for Business within the last 8 months or so.

We also have Teams but no one uses it

Soldato
small taxi company we use whatsapp for non urgent comms, drivers chat room availabiltiy and general stuff we dont want logged officially against any bookings

Soldato
I wouldn't worry too much, Skype for Business 2019 server has just been released, Microsoft will be supporting it for a while
We was on lotus notes before and used whatever was built in to that, so glad
We moved away from this as it was terrible as a e mail client

Soldato
Google Hangouts. Whilst it's decent we also have to use gmail for emails which lacks the functionality you'd expect of a work email system. The search function is handy though.

Soldato
Slack now since Atlassian canned Hipchat and it’s replacement Stride. Smart move on their part to invest in Slack rather than continue to try and compete.

Back
Top Bottom