NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
No respect for AB now, I thought he was after a ring but he's just after the dollar. Going to a dirt bad team just for the dollar, meh.

but what teams could he have gone to for the ring ?

aside from the teams that made the championship games most are rebuilding so no real idea where he could have had a chance, with the raiders, their 1st round picks (used either in trade or a decent draft) and the coach, maybe he thought they have a chance ?

Soldato
but what teams could he have gone to for the ring ?

aside from the teams that made the championship games most are rebuilding so no real idea where he could have had a chance, with the raiders, their 1st round picks (used either in trade or a decent draft) and the coach, maybe he thought they have a chance ?

The Packers was the rumor I heard and they aren't a million miles away. One or two players in FA and/or decent draft with AB and they were contenders.

Soldato
OBJ to Browns..........

Mind = blown.

Staggering trade, utterly unreal.

just seen it what the hell :eek:

noticed that he will still count $16 million in dead cap money this year and $5 million more a year from now.

seen what is the trade details, which make poor reading for me :

New York has agreed to trade Beckham to Cleveland in exchange for a first-round pick (No. 17 overall) the second of the Browns third-round picks (No. 95) and safety Jabrill Peppers

Le'Veon Bell gone to the jets, so decent help for them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally the Giants how gouged themselves. OBJ is best/top 3 and at 26 has a good 4-6 years left in him and Browns have the cap space to absorb his salary.

In return they lose Peppers who whilst decent can be replaced with a half decent draft pick and whilst a 1st and a 3rd are high they have a young team so one missed draft year won't kill them.

Giants are just a rudderless mess now IMO, don't see a plan.

Soldato
traded for a safety with some available on trade not sure it makes any sense, let alone being able to get someone in the draft.

cannot imagine how the GM put this to the owners as a good idea.

will be interesting to see how barkley does next year if they don't get a decentish replacement in, can just imagine teams loading the box up to wait for him.

mm, not sure how i feel about these deals:

Eric Weddle agrees to terms on 2-year deal with Rams, he's 34 not sure that's going to work for us.

dante fowler on a 1 yr deal, hope he shows more during the season than he did last year, had a good few playoff games though so hopefully took him a little time to find his feet

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought I'd been hearing he didn't want to stay with the Giants though. Do you really keep someone that doesn't want to be there?

Still don't let yourself get bent over and shafted the way they have been. All will be forgiven if they get a good QB and WR in the draft but it's going to be a tough call and they have have the keys to the Browns for a Superbowl push if their OL steps up.

Soldato
I thought I'd been hearing he didn't want to stay with the Giants though. Do you really keep someone that doesn't want to be there?

i woulnd't, but after resigning him i would have thought they would have got themselves some options in place before they let him go, not like their offence is doing well.

Also, with the dead cap, while its not as much as some, its still a chunk of money they might have wanted to use in free agency.

for me Brown was different as there was no way i could see him going back to the steelers, obj was still signed, can't imagine someone with his ego not playing his best cos he wanted out.

Soldato
Le'Veon Bell gone to the jets, so decent help for them.

Dumb move on His part. Even worse than Brown going to the Raiders lol. Apparently Bell is getting less money than what the Steelers offered him in 2018.

Steelers have signed Chiefs Corner Steven Nelson. Can't say I know too much about him, but anything is an upgrade on Artie Burns.

Soldato
Dumb move on His part. Even worse than Brown going to the Raiders lol. Apparently Bell is getting less money than what the Steelers offered him in 2018.

Steelers have signed Chiefs Corner Steven Nelson. Can't say I know too much about him, but anything is an upgrade on Artie Burns.

Yeah it's funny watching him earn less than he could have a year ago and wouldn't have dropped 14.5mill as well :D

Saying that the Jets are up whilst the Steelers are arguably heading the other way so may be a wise move prospects wise for him.

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Browns arguably overpaid, given the Raiders got A.B. (and all his drama) for a 3rd and 5th. Which is daylight robbery.

Pairing OBJ, Jarvis and their College WR coach at the Browns could be a stroke of genius however, given they have Baker at QB, Kareem Hunt and Chubb at RB, Njoku and his butterfingers at TE... scary looking offense.

On the Rosen topic, theres no way the cards trade him and take Murray 1st overall. This is all posturing to get someone needy, like the Giants, to give up one of their 1st rounders to move up.

Soldato
Browns arguably overpaid, given the Raiders got A.B. (and all his drama) for a 3rd and 5th. Which is daylight robbery.

Pairing OBJ, Jarvis and their College WR coach at the Browns could be a stroke of genius however, given they have Baker at QB, Kareem Hunt and Chubb at RB, Njoku and his butterfingers at TE... scary looking offense.

On the Rosen topic, theres no way the cards trade him and take Murray 1st overall. This is all posturing to get someone needy, like the Giants, to give up one of their 1st rounders to move up.

I dont see how they've overpaid. OBJ is 5 years younger, better and less drama. Plus their core is really young already meaning they can afford a missed draft year. They played it perfectly.

Soldato
i think linking obj with mayfield will work better than carr and brown.

offensive side of the draft doesn't look brilliant so i think the browns giving up their 1st for him won't be a loss to the browns.

as for rosen i can't see why they would want to trade him, think he did ok last season and not like he had a lot to work with, and none of the qb's this draft seem to be highly rated, and after the comments on murray and his football work ethic would be suprised if he went high up.

Soldato
i think linking obj with mayfield will work better than carr and brown.

offensive side of the draft doesn't look brilliant so i think the browns giving up their 1st for him won't be a loss to the browns.

as for rosen i can't see why they would want to trade him, think he did ok last season and not like he had a lot to work with, and none of the qb's this draft seem to be highly rated, and after the comments on murray and his football work ethic would be suprised if he went high up.

Read beyond the headlines and the guy (begins with a C, forget his name) was really complementary about his ability, physicality, determination and smarts and said he could be a great QB it was his smarts and commitment to learning a system and studying that was questioned. This was the same concerns that were raised around Rosen the year before so whilst I get the feeling he will still go high it would be a strange one to switch like for like personality wise.

Taking him anyway is a strange call as it's their line that made life hell for Rosen and they've not meaningfully addresses that so taking a new rookie you may well see the same happening over again.

Strong rumors it's a tactic to try and tempt Giants or other to trade up to get him as they aren't that fussed giving them more to play with in first second round then sticking with Rosen.

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Read beyond the headlines and the guy (begins with a C, forget his name) was really complementary about his ability, physicality, determination and smarts and said he could be a great QB it was his smarts and commitment to learning a system and studying that was questioned. This was the same concerns that were raised around Rosen the year before so whilst I get the feeling he will still go high it would be a strange one to switch like for like personality wise.

Taking him anyway is a strange call as it's their line that made life hell for Rosen and they've not meaningfully addresses that so taking a new rookie you may well see the same happening over again.

Strong rumors it's a tactic to try and tempt Giants or other to trade up to get him as they aren't that fussed giving them more to play with in first second round then sticking with Rosen.

Charlie Casserley?

As I said before, I think the Cards arent interested at all - they're winding up the likes of the Giants, Redskins, hell even the Jags? to trade up to 1st to get him. The NYG now have 2 first rounders, do they ship both, plus a 2nd rounder next year, to the Cards for the first overall and take Murray? That way you have Murray, Saquon, Golden Tate, Sterling Shepherd, Engram... not a bad team. Lost quite a few starters on D and still have a horrible O-line, but its a good start.

Back
Top Bottom