**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
I had the same issue with that case. Lint and grease magnet.

Now have a leather case on my Pixel and it's awesome. Nice to the touch, doesn't attract lint or show oiliness.

Soldato
Got the spigen liquid crystal on my mate 20 pro, it's nice and snug and offers great protection without adding hardly any bulk to the device.

Soldato
I got a cheap £6 case from amazon and its perfect. Gloss black slim thin case something or other. Does the job perfectly! Screen protector I got from Amazon is ace too - works with the IDFS no issues! Don't even need to press that hard.

Soldato
Anyone had this issue with wifi - connected to some wifi networks which have internet access, getting ip address etc, but it's still using 4g data. After restarting it uses wifi correctly. I've got the wifi+ thing turned off.

Before reboot:
nMvDKL4.png

After:
G8sbiLg.png

Associate
My phones (P20 PRO) music volume is suddenly really low? any ideas? turned up to the max of course. Just wondering if a setting has changed.

Also suddenly not playing through bluetooth on my car stereo!

Couple of question regarding the Mate 20,

Coming from the Mate 10 Pro the scrolling is smoother but the momentum seems to be slowed down, flick momentum in particular, it's like it's artificially slowed down?

HDR, does it work like like a a TV where by it automatically whacks your screen on full brightness? I've tried netflix out and the HDR logo appears but the brightness doesn't go up?

HDR takes a series of photos at different exposures then stitches them together to create an aggregate of them.

I know that, I was talking about hdr for video, Netflix in particular, on TV's hdr content maxes your backlight on your TV, I've tested YouTub hdr content and sometimes it seems to max out the brightness but not on Netflix for some reason.

Last edited:
Not really happy with the scrolling performance of the Mate 20 x, seems quite stuttery on heavy webpages with pictures or animated ads etc, what's strange is my old Mate 1O Pro was much smoother scrolling and more responsive.

Edit -

This seems to effect the Mate 20 Pro also, a lot of YouTube vids showing how poor the scrolling performance is, you scroll through google photos for example and it's very choppy, my mum's old phone with a Snapdragon 425 is liquid smooth doing the same!?

Last edited:
Soldato
I know that, I was talking about hdr for video, Netflix in particular, on TV's hdr content maxes your backlight on your TV, I've tested YouTub hdr content and sometimes it seems to max out the brightness but not on Netflix for some reason.
I think it's just a 'standard'. As in, it certifies that the screen will be able to show a certain amount of brightness against a certain amount of darkness.

Still having very poor performance on scrolling in chrome browser on this phone,

Can someone test the following for me,

Load up the chrome browser, in the address/search bar type 'brownie recipe', now slowly scroll the page up and down, hitching, stuttering, not smooth at all.

Now do the same but use the google app, buttery smooth? doesn't make sense.

Now enable performance mode in the battery settings menu and try the same in chrome browser again, buttery smooth?

I swear when these phones were sent out for review they all had the performance mode on by default.

You notice any differences?

Back
Top Bottom