***The Official Guitar Thread***

Soldato
I'm amazed at huge amounts of money people have spent on Gear here. Some deep pockets.
of course I would have done the same if I'd had the funds lol.

I learnt in my late teens, then stopped, started again in 20's then stopped, and sold everything when babies arrived.
Recently as one of the kids too an interest in guitar so I've bought a beat up old 90s Pacifica just noodle on.
They just got a mini strat, and so I bought and amp for us both.
I don't remember any music I used to know. But the fingers still remember how to move around the fretboard. Its great as stress relief.

Currently
~~~~~~~~~~~
Beat up trem blocked, Yamaha Pacifica 112jmx (natural)
Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 10
Kids have a few learner quitars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stuff I owned in the past (not all at the same time) over many years
I don't really miss any of them. Never really loved any of them.
I got rid of them for specific reasons. I'd like to have them for sentimental reasons only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Epiphone Les Paul
PRS SE Single Cut
Epiphone Semi Acoustic
ESP Skulls & Snakes GLynch with the strat headstock (screaming demon etc)
Charvel Model 7 Reverse head Tele (modded with hot rails)
Charvette 300 reverse head Strat (modded with hot rails)
J&B Player Tele (HSS and locking trem)
Samick Acoustic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
70s Marshall all valve Artiste 50W 2040 JMP 2x12 (with a power soak)
Ms-2 Marshall
Boss MG-10
I might have had other amps. I can't remember.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marshall G'vnor,
Boss Metal Zone,
Boss Blues Driver,
Boss Distortion DS-1
Boss Compressor
Boss Wah/Expression Pedal

Soldato
Nice :) The most expensive guitar thing I have is my Fender Strat... American Pro and I bought it for myself as a 30th Birthday Present (on 0% Finance for 2 years!) as up until that I had never really splashed out on a proper full price guitar...

Associate
How have I missed this thread!

I've been playing since I was 20. Over the years more guitars have passed through my hands than I care to remember. My current gear:

Ibanez S1070PBZ
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Graham Coxon Telecaster
Fender Richie Sambora Stratocaster CAR
Blackstar Series 1 2x12 45W combo
Boss Katana 100 1x12
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
TC Electronics HOF
TC Electronics Flashback
Marshall Edward The Compressor
Marshall Supervibe Chorus
Juan Solo FX Triangle 71 Fuzz

Ibanez SR300E bass
Fender Rumble 100 combo

Gone but not forgotten:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIA Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Richie Sambora Stratocaster LPB
Taylor 810CE
Marshall TSL100H & 1960A

A whole bunch of other gear has been and gone, but for one reason or another has been entirely forgettable :D

Associate
i was after a small combo to jam over my mates ( dont fancy taking my jvm :) ) was a toss up between a blackstar HT-5r or a boss katana , after demoing them both i bought a Katana 100 with the footswitch, its got some amazing sounds in there, with the software you can get any sound out of it, very impressed

Associate
i was after a small combo to jam over my mates ( dont fancy taking my jvm :) ) was a toss up between a blackstar HT-5r or a boss katana , after demoing them both i bought a Katana 100 with the footswitch, its got some amazing sounds in there, with the software you can get any sound out of it, very impressed
Indeed you can! The GA-FC switch is a life saver though, wouldn't be without it. So much easier than ******* around with buttons on the amp. Which raises a point, I've yet to install BTS on the PC I've just built.

Man of Honour
OP
@OspreyO yup there is silly money spending on gear in here. I am certainly one of the worst offenders being such a bedroom noodler - but, ya know. GUITARS \m/,

Equipment has been out of the house so will probably collect next weekend and get some noise going.

Soldato
How do you read certain tabs? Examples:

-7--
---
---
---
---
-0-

Does this one mean I need to pluck the first and last string at the same time? So either plucking the first with pick and finger plucking the last open?

Also What about this:

---
---
-(0)-
---
---

I guess it would be the same above but what's with the brackets around 0?

Soldato
Yeah first and last string at the same time.

The note in brackets is like an optional note. it sounds in the recording but shouldn't really be there. I think it can mean a mistake as well.

Man of Honour
OP
The notes in brackets tend to be from terrible text file tab. I have always understood it to crudely mean to that the note is sustained from a previously played note.

So in the above example, the open G string (an “0”) is played somewhere earlier in the tab. Then the second fret A string is played with the g string still ringing out.

Otherwise, it’s an optional note as had been said.

Just get guitar pro and be done with it :p

Associate
Indeed you can! The GA-FC switch is a life saver though, wouldn't be without it. So much easier than ******* around with buttons on the amp. Which raises a point, I've yet to install BTS on the PC I've just built.
Have you tired the sneaky amps models? just found out about them, giving them a blast .

An amp with Mojo and a valve but also a a tonne of FX is the the fender super champ XD

Great little amp

Second down on the left

qRLHTTBl.jpg

Ive heard the 50xl is supposed to be decent for £170

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone have a Vox Amplug?

I've had the old Night Train model for ages and have been using it quite a lot lately. It's great for casually playing around with headphones, nice sounds too.

Back
Top Bottom