RGB AIO Advice

Associate
Hey guys,

I currently use the Phanteks Ethoo Primo and I am looking for a something quite specific. I need a 360mm RGB AIO with either a controller which can run 6+ fans or some type of hub that can run 6+ fans. Money is no problem so the cost does not matter, I just want to use 3 fans on the cooler (or maybe 6) and would like to also buy the same fans for different parts in the case so that they can all be controlled or at least just ran using the hub or controller.
I am not the worlds biggest Corsair AIO fan and have had many pumps fail in the past, so if possible I would like to avoid Corsair (unless there is no other option).

Another slight problem (which may be fixable via RMA but I still want the above). I currently use the Corsair H110i and the Light on the pump has failed, I have tried everything and the light won't come back on. It is nothing to with the software I have checked and everything is correctly plugged in. I have been building computers for 25 years and this is just another case of Corsairs poor pump quality failing.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Associate
OP
That AIO is an Asetek manufactured unit as are the Corsairs so you're buying another pump just like the ones you don't like. Most if not all the AIO are based on Asetek patents.

Thanks for letting me know that, I am still looking for one of the above though so I will have to use one anyway mate. Would prefare Corsairs name not to be on the unit however.

Can anyone please clarify what I need please? I am really unsure because of the amount of fans. There are many AIO's I have seen, it doesn't matter which one as long as it can do what I need with the fans and to be controlled whilst being 360mm.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why not separate your needs to make sure you're happy? It might cost more but you can focus on quality. An AIO cooler made from discrete components such as an Alphacool, bequiet or similar will be more reliable. Then you can get a fan/RGB controller with 6 fans that suit you.

Associate
OP
Why not separate your needs to make sure you're happy? It might cost more but you can focus on quality. An AIO cooler made from discrete components such as an Alphacool, bequiet or similar will be more reliable. Then you can get a fan/RGB controller with 6 fans that suit you.

I am rebuilding my pc for my son you see mate, I need any AIO that runs RGB fans (with the fans that actually change colour). But he wants to be able to control the fans from 1 set place in the PC. I am sure there must be a way, but although I have been building computers for many years, this is something of a new area.

Associate
OP
Soldato
You'll have to contact OcUK or start a thread in the relevant area if you want to chat to staff - the forums are mostly attended by enthusiasts :)

I can see in the images that the fans on the AIO have one regular 4-pin and one little 4-pin. This matches the fans in your second link so you should be ok.

Associate
OP
You'll have to contact OcUK or start a thread in the relevant area if you want to chat to staff - the forums are mostly attended by enthusiasts :)

I can see in the images that the fans on the AIO have one regular 4-pin and one little 4-pin. This matches the fans in your second link so you should be ok.

Thanks mate, believe me I am also an Enthusiast :), but these coolers are new to me. My specs - Gigabyte X99, 5960x @ 4.6ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2 x 1080ti Xtreme, 1300w Evga PSU, EK Pred 360 cooler. Phanteks Primo is my case. I have posted in the Pre Sales questions now to get help, thanks.

Soldato
I'm not sure, but from the product description and looking on Raijintek's website, the controller looks to be only for RGB. In case you aren't aware, RGB fans need 2 connections, one for the fans normal PWM drive, and one for the RGB lighting. I think they assume you'll drive them from your motherboard etc.

For my last build (and just ordered for a water cooled setup), the Corsair Commander Pro controller has 6 PWM fan outputs and 2 channels of RGB (allows 12 RGB products to be driven) and their ML series of fans come in RGB (they do cheaper RGB fans if required). This is also USB connected so you can drive it all from the PC.

If money isn't an issue, the ML series are great fans, quiet, mag-lev and work well with AIO's or as case fans and iCUE (corsairs latest software) seems better than both Asus Aurasync and NZXT's CAM (I have run a mixture of these, currently I'm running iCUE and CAM side by side with no issues).

I have a love/hate relationship with Corsair as well, although their H115i Platinum (280mm with better performance then the 360mm) comes with digital RGB on the pump (so fancy swishing rgb patterns are available) an 2 x ML RGB Fans on it, so you'd only need additional ML RGB fans + Commander Pro (Still pricey, but it will all work together).

Associate
OP
Thanks for that Demon, so if I was to buy the below products would this be enough do you think. I do not want to use the motherboard fan headers really if it can be helped. I appreciate the guidance here and if this in the best unit then I will go for this. Comes to £354.96

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...uid-cooler-280mm-cw-9060038-ww-hs-03s-cs.html (139.99)
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...th-lighting-node-twin-fan-pack-fg-06h-cs.html X 2 (£149.98)
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-commander-pro-rgb-led-controller-fan-hub-black-fg-06q-cs.html (£64.99)

Soldato
No problems.
The H115i Platinum got a glowing review over at Guru3D (https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h115i_platinum_review,14.html).

Just spotted a slight cost saving, you could save £15 if you get 1 of the 2x Fan Packs with Lighting Node Pro (it drives 6 RGB devices), then buy 2x individual ML140 RGB fans for £29.99 each.

As with all these things, read a few reviews etc, I will say that moving from AIO to full water cooling, I've just ordered another commander pro and ML140 fans (non RGB for once!) for that build as I know it just works (and even lets me monitor my corsair HX1000i power supply).. I've been running Corsair software for a few years and whilst it's been a bit hit and miss, it's got better over time and compared to Aura Sync / CAM it's given me the least headaches!

See this thread for an example of how the commander pro/lighting node pro work with lots of fans:
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173191

Soldato
I found this AIO and the fans seperate on OCUK, they are not cheap but I could use these if there is some type of controller with them? Does anyone know if these 2 links will work together and if the controller or hub can run them all at once?

AIO https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ther...ition-water-cooling-unit-360mm-hs-04b-tt.html
FANS https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ther...remium-edition-fan-triple-pack-fg-00m-tt.html

I'm using this. Can confirm it will do the job, however beware the software can be a nightmare

Associate
OP
I picked up the Corsair H115i RGB Hybrid Platinum with the Corsair Commander Pro and 3 extra fans ML140's. They are very quiet but it was a little confusing on the setup to get the RGB to work on the extra 3 fans, ended up having to plug them into the RGB hub that came with the 2 fan and node pack (Luckily) because if I didn't get that I wouldn't have been able to use RGB on those extra fans. I have not yet connected the Temperature nodes and not spent time settings it all up properly yet. The fans are the quietest I have used and I can see why they are £30 per fan, very impressed with this unit, lets hope the pump doesn't fail like all of the rest of Corsairs AIO products. Still have some other things that I have not yet plugged in, but I did find the Commander Pro quite confusing and because I couldn't get the RGB to work, so lucky I bought that twin pack set to get the RGB hub.

Last edited:
Soldato
I picked up the Corsair H115i Hybrid Platinum with the Corsair Commander Pro and 3 extra fans ML140's. They are very quiet but it was a little confusing on the setup to get the RGB to work on the extra 3 fans, ended up having to plug them into the RGB hub that came with the 2 fan and node pack (Luckily) because if I didn't get that I wouldn't have been able to use RGB on those extra fans. I have not yet connected the Temperature nodes and not spent time settings it all up properly yet. The fans are the quietest I have used and I can see why they are £30 per fan, very impressed with this unit, lets hope the pump doesn't fail like all of the rest of Corsairs AIO products. Still have some other things that I have not yet plugged in, but I did find the Commander Pro quite confusing and because I couldn't get the RGB to work, so lucky I bought that twin pack set to get the RGB hub.

Glad it's worked out well! I can only echo that the H115i / Fans where a revelation over previous noisy AIO's I'd had. I am also impressed with the Kraken X62 I use on a GPU, that is nearly as quiet and feels well built, but no RGB!

Associate
OP
I was thinking about possible changing my motherboard and maybe CPU. I currently use the 5960x and Gigabyte Gaming 7 X99 which both work great, but for the sake of changing to a more RGB look overall do you think there are any motherboards that would look better? And would it be beneficial. Or would it be worth changing to a different X99 motherboard?

Soldato
I've done this on the last couple of builds, trying to get more 'RGB' in things like the motherboard, and each time I kind of regretted it as you just end up tied to bad software from various motherboard manufacturers and the RGB lighting isn't that great.

Saying that, you could go all Corsair with Vengeance Pro RGB memory, and get a few RGB Strips to light up the case, I'm jsut about to hook up my Phanteks Case and EKWB DRGB Blocks to the corsair commander pro (Alledgedly will work with a bit of wiring, I'll soon find out!), the paltry RGB on my motherboard won't add anything more..

Associate
OP
I could change the 8 sticks of Avexir DDR4 to Corsair RGB memory I guess. I have the lifetime warranty Avexir with red flashing lights which looks pretty good. I will have a think about it, I may just leave it as it is. Will post a picture on the forums tonight after work. If I do get a motherboard I wouldn't really want to move to a newer CPU tbh.

Associate
OP
Ok I have a problem guys, I have been hearing a device connecting and disconnecting. Today I can see what it is. In devices and printers the Commander Pro and H115i Platinum keep flashing when I head the connecting and disconnecting beeps and they shows as "unspecified devices". This is on a new install on Windows 10? Anyone know how to fix this annoying problem?

Back
Top Bottom