Correct age for men to stop using gel/wax products etc. in their hair?

Soldato
At 65 I have a full head of lush grey hair, despite a barber telling me that i would be bald by the age of 30. I have never used anything on my hair apart from shampoo you big girls blouse.:D:D

Soldato
Well I think your opinion of the 35 age "limit" is pure filth and you should be thrown into a barrel of corner-shop gel.

I have no grey hairs at 35, a thick body of lush hair which reacts really well to non greasy foaming mousse to keep it in check, I'll have you know.

What do you use? I have hedgehog hair - so after a shower it needs to be brought under control! Wax/gel is too greasy

Soldato
It's depends on the person.

I used to be a brylcreem boy when I was younger. But then I started shaving my head. So having hair these days is only waiting for the next shave.

Soldato
I use some gel or wax just to stop mine flopping all over the place in the wind. Blessed with very thin hair from my dad's side of the family.

Meh. 38, going grey, forehead is mounting a hostile takeover of my scalp. Still use wax. My hair looks like I've been electrocuted each morning so needs to be tamed.

Probably for another year or so, then it gets buzzed and I get another two minutes in bed every morning.

Soldato
36 and my hair seems to be getting thicker and fuller as I get older without needing product. I went to the doctor but they couldn't help.

Soldato
I never thought using products was related to age, or how much hair you have (within reason). Just a different look. Same with the 'should I shave my head' thread...it's just different rather than a cut off point, or right/wrong

guessing the OP is far from serious btw :p

Caporegime
I stopped using hair products ie gel and wax for the last 15 yrs due to my hair thinning it out. Thanks dad lol.

I usually have it a zero on the sides and a number one up top. If I let my hair grow, it grows thick on the sides and the front of my head but up top it’s pretty much gone.

So I suppose I could do a combover from the front to the back of I let grow long but that would be just silly.

Soldato
I think men should take care of their appearance what ever their age is, I have no specific opinion on hair gel, but if the person thinks it looks good then go for it.

Commissario
My dad is 70 and has a full head of hair. Still looks great at his age. Me and my brother are 38 and 25 and we’re both thinning badly.

Or it could just be you've inherited the genes from your mother.

I’m sure I’ve read from multiple sources that male hair genetics is generally inherited from your grandfather on your mother’s side, ie your mum’s dad.

Back
Top Bottom