The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
I'm quite conflicted so far. Crap performance compared to div1 with a 1080. Logitech headphones bug so I cant play unless I stop the logitech software. Scheduled maintenance every single time I have went to play it. Just tarring it a bit for me tbh.
What settings are you using and what res? It runs fine for me at 1440p maxed out.

Soldato
We announced an unscheduled maintenance yesterday and the planned patch is now nearly ready to be deployed, it includes the following bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue where players could be stuck in the wrong World Tier if they completed Strongholds without meeting the required Gear Score while in a group
  • Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t be able to talk to agent Kelso at the Castle Settlement
  • Fixed an issue where players could obtain multiple Ivory Keys from the same source

On top of that, we’re hoping to include the following fix into that same patch and are confident that we will be able to push it live tonight.

• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to loot Supply Drops multiple times

Lastly, we are working very hard to address the crashes that are occurring and seem to be related to the Assault Drone being used while agents are in a group, as well as Skills not working properly and immediately being on a 15 second cooldown.

I just watched some literally just blitzing through the game on a playthru because they in a group, they dont need to worry about survivability and everyone just enters every area with all guns blazing. It doesnt look like there is extra enemies or much harder at all, instead the game just seems 10x easier for groups. I think if a solo is expected to clear out 15 enemies with them all flanking etc. then a group of 4 should be dealing with 60.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm quite conflicted so far. Crap performance compared to div1 with a 1080. Logitech headphones bug so I cant play unless I stop the logitech software. Scheduled maintenance every single time I have went to play it. Just tarring it a bit for me tbh.

Well,Div 1 was 3 years ago,you not expect devs to use exactly same engine?Its kinda same actually,but quite upgraded,1080 is quite old now tbf.
Logi soft has issues in more than 1 game.
Maint needed to fix bugs,its live service game.

Soldato
The timing could have been better with the maintenance. a 1080 considering the graphics in the game should be far more than adequate and the graphics do not look that much different considering 3 years have passed. But hey its an opinion and you know what they say about those.

Associate
Graphics are much better in TD2,and i played TD1 for 2400h,IMHO.
Most gamers got game on friday,and when you cant progress because of a bug,i rather they fix it in 1h and let people play over weekend.That bug was quite bad and needed fix badly,as well as crashes and skill bugs.
1h is nothing compared to other devs who releasing game and forgetting for months
Doing missions on challenging without skills is time wasting

Soldato
The timing could have been better with the maintenance. a 1080 considering the graphics in the game should be far more than adequate and the graphics do not look that much different considering 3 years have passed. But hey its an opinion and you know what they say about those.

Whack object detail to 100 is a big big diff. The beta looked very nice the final game so so, then I found out because they changed the default setting.

For me the performance is mostly ok but certain area's have a large hit on cpu, foggy area near the presidential building, e.g. load's the GPU right up.

Object detail seems fine almost everywhere, but at the white house loads up the gpu whilst outside, but so far is the only area I seen affected.

Associate
I get most of mine from boxes, SO many things to loot in this, a simple A to B mission can take me 2 hours because I am constantly stopping/running off in a different direction to loot a bag or a box lol

Ha, that’s like me. I would love to join the clan, but then that promotes rushing up the levels and running quick through missions.
I like to take my time and experience all the little details. If I walk into a room, I’m reading posters and graffiti messages and looking in the floor at all the devastation and bodies. Like you, if I’m running towards a mission, I get severely sidetracked with all the candy to collect. Loot boxes, materials.....oh a boss....oh, wonder if I can climb up here. By the time a few hours have passed, I ain’t done a lot, though I have succeeded in escapism and for that, it keeps me happy.

I may have to look at joining clans for end game, unless I can join for my steady flow of contributions.

Have fun people, I’m still waiting for my code to come through. Least there will be less bugs by the time I’m on

Soldato
Me too then
If you want to join up and don't mind comms via in game chat then your welcome to tag along.

I'm only level 5 atm as I can only play in the evenings due to work or looking after my son.

On another note is there away to zoom out further from the player? Would be nice to get a little more fov either side of the character at times

Soldato
I edititd my post as it was not above but the previous page lol

I played TD1 solo for 99% of it so I'll do the same with this

Me too then

Discord isn't just for voice, people chat amongst themselves, build advice, exotic quest discussion etc etc. Grouping or having a mic isn't mandatory for clans imo, but just being a name in a clan and not talking to anyone when people who might want to group or be involved cant due to it being full is what I meant by not accepting.

Feel free though, the rewards are good. Lots of HE caches for the collective clan doing weeklies etc. Good gear I am assuming.

Associate
Getting a weird bug when I don't get any audio when the games loaded in. Any thoughts?

*Edit* TD2 is currently having issues with some logitech headsets.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ha, that’s like me. I would love to join the clan, but then that promotes rushing up the levels and running quick through missions.
I like to take my time and experience all the little details. If I walk into a room, I’m reading posters and graffiti messages and looking in the floor at all the devastation and bodies. Like you, if I’m running towards a mission, I get severely sidetracked with all the candy to collect. Loot boxes, materials.....oh a boss....oh, wonder if I can climb up here. By the time a few hours have passed, I ain’t done a lot, though I have succeeded in escapism and for that, it keeps me happy.

I may have to look at joining clans for end game, unless I can join for my steady flow of contributions.

Have fun people, I’m still waiting for my code to come through. Least there will be less bugs by the time I’m on

Thats me also, over 30 hours in the game and i am not even level 10 yet.

Soldato
How is it possible to have 30 hours and be level 10? Just walking around looking at things and basically doing no missions/side missions etc or killing?

58 hours here, wt4 and max gearscore - I don't think I missed an awful lot tbh

Soldato
I just watched some literally just blitzing through the game on a playthru because they in a group, they dont need to worry about survivability and everyone just enters every area with all guns blazing. It doesnt look like there is extra enemies or much harder at all, instead the game just seems 10x easier for groups. I think if a solo is expected to clear out 15 enemies with them all flanking etc. then a group of 4 should be dealing with 60.

Proper builds can allow for that - even solo. HoK perks, armor on kill perks in combination with a lot of weapon damage sources and berserker/strained talents blitzes content.

4 man scaling equates to around 4.75 people in a group and the health and armor goes up around three times the amount of solo at least.

2 man scaling is still the most balanced in the game when levelling

Associate
How is it possible to have 30 hours and be level 10? Just walking around looking at things and basically doing no missions/side missions etc or killing?

58 hours here, wt4 and max gearscore - I don't think I missed an awful lot tbh

Each to their own.
Being max gear score in just a few days since launch and then being upset as folk have run out of content may bring joy to some as folk like to max out and play endgame.

I prefer to go really slow, absorb all the little touches by the devs and explore every corner. (Not sure if it’s gaming OCD from games like a Final Fantasy 7, where you clicked every corner, looking for hidden loot).
Also by not rushing, I feel like I get value as the game lasts so much longer, without the feeling of having to buy another games as ran out of things to do.

Guess that’s the great thing about gaming, we all have our own ways and what we want from a game. Loot space always takes up my time in games as not knowing what to get rid of and I collect everything I see so having to run back n fourth with loot management.

Not played the full game yet, however have the feeling I will miss the gloomy snow effects from the first game. Loved the Xmas snow setting in Division 1.

Soldato
Those looking for performance tweaks may find this useful.

The following Settings have very little impact of performance:

Sharpening, Particle Detail, Reflection Quality, Vegetation Quality, Sub-Surface Scattering, Depth of Field, Lens Flare, Vignette Effect, Water Quality, Chromatic Aberration, Projected Texture Resolution, High Resolution Sky Textures, and Terrain Quality. In all instances, these can all be set to High and you should notice no performance decrease (at most, 1 or 2 fps lost)

The following Settings have only a moderate impact on performance:

Shadow Quality, Contact Shadows, Parallax Mapping, Ambient Occlusion, and Extra Streaming Distance. This is primarily because of the fact they add a higher quality to your existing settings, and a layer of polish that makes The Division 2 stand out.

The following Settings have a heavy impact on performance:

Spot Shadows, Spot Shadow Resolution, Resolution Scale, Volumetric Fog, Local Reflection Quality, Anisotropic Filtering, Object Detail. All of these can significantly reduce performance, and all will see you gain significant fps if you tweak them.

Associate
Those looking for performance tweaks may find this useful.

The following Settings have very little impact of performance:

Sharpening, Particle Detail, Reflection Quality, Vegetation Quality, Sub-Surface Scattering, Depth of Field, Lens Flare, Vignette Effect, Water Quality, Chromatic Aberration, Projected Texture Resolution, High Resolution Sky Textures, and Terrain Quality. In all instances, these can all be set to High and you should notice no performance decrease (at most, 1 or 2 fps lost)

The following Settings have only a moderate impact on performance:

Shadow Quality, Contact Shadows, Parallax Mapping, Ambient Occlusion, and Extra Streaming Distance. This is primarily because of the fact they add a higher quality to your existing settings, and a layer of polish that makes The Division 2 stand out.

The following Settings have a heavy impact on performance:

Spot Shadows, Spot Shadow Resolution, Resolution Scale, Volumetric Fog, Local Reflection Quality, Anisotropic Filtering, Object Detail. All of these can significantly reduce performance, and all will see you gain significant fps if you tweak them.

You sir, have probably saved me hours of tweaking and reading. Thanks.

Just got a Vega 56 (from 7950) however only have i5 2500k (4.3ghz) and 8gb ram. So those tips should help as I prob will be CPU limited. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom