The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
You sir, have probably saved me hours of tweaking and reading. Thanks.

Just got a Vega 56 (from 7950) however only have i5 2500k (4.3ghz) and 8gb ram. So those tips should help as I prob will be CPU limited. Thanks

With 4c only I believe extra streaming distance can make a noticeable impact as well. Its probably between medium and high impact. It was for me in beta on 4/8.

Associate
Yeah
Each to their own.
Being max gear score in just a few days since launch and then being upset as folk have run out of content may bring joy to some as folk like to max out and play endgame.

I prefer to go really slow, absorb all the little touches by the devs and explore every corner. (Not sure if it’s gaming OCD from games like a Final Fantasy 7, where you clicked every corner, looking for hidden loot).
Also by not rushing, I feel like I get value as the game lasts so much longer, without the feeling of having to buy another games as ran out of things to do.

Guess that’s the great thing about gaming, we all have our own ways and what we want from a game. Loot space always takes up my time in games as not knowing what to get rid of and I collect everything I see so having to run back n fourth with loot management.

Not played the full game yet, however have the feeling I will miss the gloomy snow effects from the first game. Loved the Xmas snow setting in Division 1.

Same, love exploring in these games. Don't need side quests for action as plenty of wandering AI although I have done side quests. Currently lvl 7 with about 15 hours and still on the first main area after the white White House. New ? Seem to pop up all the time, I noticed more popping up at the White House area as well randomly.

Associate
Yeah

Same, love exploring in these games. Don't need side quests for action as plenty of wandering AI although I have done side quests. Currently lvl 7 with about 15 hours and still on the first main area after the white White House. New ? Seem to pop up all the time, I noticed more popping up at the White House area as well randomly.

:0)
Maybe we need a seperate clan ‘Underclockers UK’ for us exploring slow movers

Soldato
Can i get invite to the ocuk clan , vince.99 , cheers :)

You can request it yourself when you unlock Grace. Name: Overclockers UK

Jump on discord as well.

@markymoo People who complain about no content when rushing are idiots. I still have a ton of things to do which is awesome but my main focus was max score to start properly trying all the build combinations! Love doing stuff like that.

Soldato
Loving the game so far.

I have one massive problem though, i have 0 PC friends. How do i go on about adding people and adding the overclockers group? Could do with joining up with someone who aint in a rush as i do like exploring and looking in every nut and cranny. Been doing a load of side missions and not actually done any story line stuff yet.

Soldato
Loving the game so far.

I have one massive problem though, i have 0 PC friends. How do i go on about adding people and adding the overclockers group? Could do with joining up with someone who aint in a rush as i do like exploring and looking in every nut and cranny. Been doing a load of side missions and not actually done any story line stuff yet.

Discord link in sig, Clan: Overclockers UK

Soldato
Loving the game so far.

You can join the ocuk discord :).

Username: IRoof-Tyler

Just in the process of downloading TD2, put 200hrs or so into TD1 and very much enjoyed it so looking forward to this one.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Loving the game so far.

Install Discord, join Overlockers Channel, profit.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Managing a pretty stable 60fps at 4K using the HUB performance settings. I do have an OC applied on the GPU but with Vsync on it doesn't hit 100% utilisation.

elLtu3I.jpg

Soldato
Managing a pretty stable 60fps at 4K using the HUB performance settings. I do have an OC applied on the GPU but with Vsync on it doesn't hit 100% utilisation.

elLtu3I.jpg

2060 isn't really a capable 4k card though is it? I'm playing on ultra 2k with shadows set to medium and fog and getting a steady 75+

Associate
Exotic SMG parts can be found and crafted named Chatterbox,very nice talents,some pages ago i posted few exo pictures,its in there,but better to wait for T5 before crafting

Associate
Those looking for performance tweaks may find this useful.

The following Settings have very little impact of performance:

Sharpening, Particle Detail, Reflection Quality, Vegetation Quality, Sub-Surface Scattering, Depth of Field, Lens Flare, Vignette Effect, Water Quality, Chromatic Aberration, Projected Texture Resolution, High Resolution Sky Textures, and Terrain Quality. In all instances, these can all be set to High and you should notice no performance decrease (at most, 1 or 2 fps lost)

The following Settings have only a moderate impact on performance:

Shadow Quality, Contact Shadows, Parallax Mapping, Ambient Occlusion, and Extra Streaming Distance. This is primarily because of the fact they add a higher quality to your existing settings, and a layer of polish that makes The Division 2 stand out.

The following Settings have a heavy impact on performance:

Spot Shadows, Spot Shadow Resolution, Resolution Scale, Volumetric Fog, Local Reflection Quality, Anisotropic Filtering, Object Detail. All of these can significantly reduce performance, and all will see you gain significant fps if you tweak them.
Tweaking these settings made a huge improvement on my FPS so thanks for that.

Back
Top Bottom