• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which heatsink for 9900k

Soldato
The noctua will take it but it depends on preferences. If you are to just leave it at stock or even a mild overclock then the noctua should do fine.

A decent quality AIO should do better (if you plan to overclock) while also looking neater and taking less room.

Associate
And which of these would you suggest and is there any chance of it leaking
I would go for a 240 at least, a 360 would be better though, as to recommending one its down to your budget really. Corsair, NZXT, Asus all do good one.

If you get one, don't forget to remove the protective cover from the TIM on the block itself, has been known to be overlooked.;)

Associate
OP
Ive decided im just gunna get a air cooled noctua as I dont really overclock that much, a little mayb. I wont to begin with anyway n tbh I dont feel safe with watercooled.
If I do overclock itll be amild one, my 6600k is overclocked to 4.0ghz I believe.
Ill get the 9900k in my pc with new board etc n in future upgrade my psu to the new asus one I just see and mayb then ill look into a aio.
Looking at watt ratings a 1080, 9900k etc shud be safe with 650w for now anyway
I cant really afford the aio anyway, thats a extra 60 pound on top of the noctua which right now is pushing it alittle to much.
Thankyou all for your help, ill post here when shes up n running, n mayb even with pics. im off to order

Soldato
Associate
I used a NH-D15s with my 9900k and it was fine. I did buy the second fan for it so that will have helped, but it wasn't noisy or strugling to cool the CPU.

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
I've been using and abusing AIO coolers for years, and never had a leak or a failure. I have one of the very first H100 coolers in an old machine that runs 24/7 and it's still trucking.

I'm using a H100i v2 on my [email protected], upgraded with ML120 Pro fans (just because the stock fans have a motor tick), and it keeps the chip below 86C running Cinebench constantly. I do have a Kraken X62, but I needed to put the optical bay back in my R5 so the X62 wouldn't fit. No problems at all with the H100i v2.

Back
Top Bottom