What "man jobs" have you done today?

Tea Drinker
Don
Brackets fitted for the juliette, not bad levelling considering it was mostly levelled with a tape measure as my level isn't long enough.

Threaded bar through both skins and hilti two pack resin, which was a proper pain to get in, when you passed the bar through the resin got dragged out and in the threads. Pita but done.

5mm each side for the glass to go in :cool:

4ikhzeT.jpg

57N75Ed.jpg

Associate
Laid 20 patio slabs to square off the paving outside the kitchen door, covering a weird square of grass on its own. Clearly on of those new build 'extras' that whoever spec'd the house didn't want to pay for

Soldato
Replaced the flush on the upstairs bog. For some reason this caused the cistern to leak Not just from the water inlet but between the cistern and the bottom half.

Then came 3 hours of swearing, dismantling the toilet piece by piece trying to work out why and then giving up and covering every single rubber seal with gold seal pond sealer.

Doesnt leak now but no doubt will need replacing all together next time as that stuff is impossible to remove

Soldato
Ive been building myself a new TV unit from 40mm walnut worktop and I really enjoyed it.

Started off with delivery, 3m x 960 worktop ripped down the middle.
YrTyCMJh.jpg

Then I made a dowel guide for the uprights and shelf.
5d3lCXIh.jpg

I glued and clamped it all up, left overnight in very crowded garage :D

5oh3SCMh.jpg

Next was the speaker stands

o9tR8VCh.jpg

Ready for finishing using rustins plastic coating.
PpB6FD5h.jpg

Pretty much done bar some cable tidying
GUNlpT2h.jpg

gdU4w67h.jpg

Associate
Ive been building myself a new TV unit from 40mm walnut worktop and I really enjoyed it.

Started off with delivery, 3m x 960 worktop ripped down the middle.
YrTyCMJh.jpg

Then I made a dowel guide for the uprights and shelf.
5d3lCXIh.jpg

I glued and clamped it all up, left overnight in very crowded garage :D

5oh3SCMh.jpg

Next was the speaker stands

o9tR8VCh.jpg

Ready for finishing using rustins plastic coating.
PpB6FD5h.jpg

Pretty much done bar some cable tidying
GUNlpT2h.jpg

gdU4w67h.jpg

That is bloody good work there well done ;)

Associate
Fitted an outside 2 gang BG socket with RCD. Drilled at a slight angle to hopefully stop water tracking back now need to get some ducting for the power cable to make it a bit neater and safer

Soldato
Swore at my young Acer tree.

Planted it 3 years ago, it’s survived 2 winters fine and last year grew a lot and was lovely and healthy in Autumn.

It’s dead now. Furious and a little upset tbh.

Soldato
Wow, that sun tunnel works well.

Today has been some prep to lay down flooring (laminate) tomorrow, sanded/painted skirting and screwed down loose boards. Last minute decision that worked out well as we found a style that we liked on sale.

Back
Top Bottom