Overwatch

Soldato
Hey @booyaka all the characters you play are getting buffed next patch. That makes things much better.

moira more healing etc.

hardly played moira this season - only when force to play main healer. Bored of her.

I hope people still enjoy this game, that's the only reason I played it, enjoyment, however that has just been sucked out of me over the last 3 or 4 seasons. "Almost" as toxic a community as Cs:go and that's saying something......

Peace out

Soldato
"Almost" as toxic a community as Cs:go and that's saying something......

This is one of the big reasons I use LFG. Maybe I'm just lucky, but quite often I've unlocked roles, people still join expecting to play their role and in LFG they generally seem more willing to communicate and co-operate. As I've said before, you can kick people that don't have mics etc. None of this guarantees a great squad, but in my experience I've been on teams that want to work together to do the best they can. I've come across very few toxic players.

I know others don't like LFG, so I will insta lock a DPS when we join as I know I'm not as good a tank. I can play support if it came to it.

Associate
Are there enough people active on OW from here that we could possibly organize a 6v6 custom comp PUG game? Can have a few matches and play OW like it's meant to be played with a competitive rule set but actually have fun. Can also try out some tactics for ladder. Just a thought.

Edit: And GOATs in banned! :p

Associate
I quite like how the game balance changes all the time. keeps it fresh. I still play morning and night, even after three years.

We were getting dominated by Reaper in this new meta, until we realised that Anna's grenade just shuts his regen off completely. Haha. :)

Soldato
Aside the new maps and new characters of course. :)

New maps and characters are worthless... so we get to play on a new map or with a new hero whilst they are still yet to try and do anything about the matchmaking and broken SR system. Great! :rolleyes: Games are still all a coin toss, you still get heavily punished if you 4, 5 or 6 stack, and to add extra insult to injury any "balancing" they do is all targeted at the OWL and very high ranks leading to a consistently broken and terrible experience...

I've been playing since the very beginning and this looks like it might be the first comp season where I can't even justify wasting a few hours to play 10 games to at least place, and almost everyone else in my group of friends has pretty much given up too

Soldato
Ranking system is fine. You always end up at your deserved ranked with enough games.

I can't help but think you're just blaming the system instead of your skill if you complain about being stuck at a specific rank

Soldato
I can't help but think you're just blaming the system instead of your skill if you complain about being stuck at a specific rank

Not complaining about the rank I'm at, nor being stuck... The system would be just as broken if everyone climbed forever and I have no delusions about how good I am

My issue is that the game and the competitive systems around it don't produce fun and balanced matches, that's all

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Got some time in yesterday after being away... other than one game where 5 of the opposition rage-quit after the first round (never seen that before!), all the games were good. One game we took a kicking (but not a whitewash), but they were good, and you know you'll get a harder game after 3-4 wins in a row. Think I was up 70-80 SR at end of day.

Soldato
If you want consistently good matches in plat you need to team up and go in with a decent dps player.

Yeah plat matches can be one sided but if you just take one decent dps player in there with you then you will have a good game every time.

It's a team game, just find a decent team mate that can kill everyone and your all set for a decent game. If your going into plat solo you are just rolling the dice.

Here is a clip of someone I added to play with me at 2800, I dont know who he is I just see he could kill people so I added him, everytime he gets ult he will kill at least 3 people, anytime I play with this guy decent match every time. This is the sort of skill level you want want with you going into plat match.

You do this team up then decent match every time. easy fix.

This isn't a one off there is loads of guys like this going solo in plat that will happily team up with you and give you decent match every time.

Back
Top Bottom