Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2019, Melbourne - Race 1/21

Rate the 2019 Australian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Maybe it's just a joke to make a point, but seriously, Australia sucks almost every year. Try some other races and see if you feel the same, australia is pretty much the worst track of the season. Baku is kinda bad for racing but always has a lot of crap going on with crashes and seemingly everyone gets magnets put in the cars which somehow only react with their team mates cars. Bahrain can be really good, China is usually pretty good. Silverstone is a great track, Hungary can be both awful and brilliant, wet Hungary is awesome. USA is pretty much the most consistently great race every year. Canada was a rare awful race last year. Barcelona has been much better in recent years imo. Monaco sucks, Mexico sucks, Brazil is frequently great and if wet it's epic.

THere are loads of good races, some great races and unfortunately some truly rubbish ones. You're missing out if you base your decision off Australia alone, in fact you can just tune in every season to the second race and miss nothing.

I am finding BTCC far more enjoyable at the moment. The 2018 final Brand Hatch GP was better than anything F1 had to offer last year.

Caporegime
Our performance? Do you work for red bull ? Or are you meaning our as a supporter ?

I work for them, 6 years now. :)

Last wcc win was 6 years ago....ever thought of moving to Mercedes for a bit

No, I love my job :). I’ve never had a day where I didn’t want to get up and go to work. Not many people can say that, I’m aware how fortunate I am.

Got a feeling @Milkybk missed the joke there lol

Move to Mercedes to stop them winning everything, and give other teams a chance again lol

Soldato
My wife was up too late for the beginning of the race, so we avoided all media and have just watched it now.

Not too much changed from last year, other than the Mercedes look to have opened up a gap again and Red Bull look impressive, in Verstappen's hands at least. I was really pleased for Bottas after his horrible 2018. But the gap from the front to the back (not including Williams) seems even larger than ever at the beginning of a season. It feels a lot like there's a maximum of five drivers who can win a race this year unless there are exceptional circumstances.

The 2021 changes can't come soon enough. Once they're agreed...

Soldato
Well that was boring. However a few points:

- DRS is less strong which is a good or bad thing depending on how you view DRS
- Despite the less overtaking nature of this track there still seemed to be less overtaking than last year. I know these new half regs were never going to make overtaking amazing but with DRS seemingly being less potent overtaking could be worse...
- Lewis and Vettel are either still on holiday or they basically shafted each other by coming in too early/covering the other coming in
- The commentary was more dire than usual with loads more mistakes
- The Williams is pointless

Lewis had a damaged car, something had removed a corner of the floor infront of one of the rear wheels. There is quite of lot of talk that the Ferrari engine has a heat issue at the moment and so it is turned down for reliability. I guess once Max had passed Seb that the Ferraris stopped pushing as they were clear of 6th.

Soldato
No, I love my job :). I’ve never had a day where I didn’t want to get up and go to work. Not many people can say that, I’m aware how fortunate I am.

I know what you mean, having moved into F1 in the last year its a very different industry to work in and interesting place to be.

Caporegime
Teams always put out PR saying that the car has damage/problems whenever a big name driver underperforms because they want to protect their investment, if people start to doubt Vettel's ability his value to Ferrari plummets so it's in their interest to blame the car when he underperforms. It's the reason why Leclerc will never be allowed to challenge him.

Associate
You don’t see the amount of pain it causes to numerous people when a driver crashes. Most people don’t understand the sacrifices so many people make to get a car built and to a track.

Accidents happen, it’s to be expected but he’s not a “new” driver and crashed badly due to no fault but his own. If he learns from it then great, if not then it’s an issue.

Good job your other driver is Verstappen.

Caporegime
Most definitely, a matured Verstappen too.

Verstappen has an awful lot of maturing to do; last season he was an absolute embarrassment. Blistering fast at times, but probably the most juvenile, ill-tempered F1 driver I've ever seen. Who else would threaten to assault people because he had a boo-boo about the fact he just kept on crashing his car?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Verstappen has an awful lot of maturing to do; last season he was an absolute embarrassment. Blistering fast at times, but probably the most juvenile, ill-tempered F1 driver I've ever seen. Who else would threaten to assault people because he had a boo-boo about the fact he just kept on crashing his car?
It was entertaining :D

Soldato
Yeah it's a totally different world, it doesn't feel like a proper job, like everyone exists in a bubble. Now if your team would just slow down a bit we'd all enjoy it even more. :p

Maybe everybody else just needs to get better :p mind first race and a long way to go until it’s all done and dusted...

Soldato
Brundle and Crofty thought that Kubica, pictured losing his wing out of T2, hit Ricciardo's wing, even though Kubica's wing was obviously missing at that point, despite the fact that Ricciardo lost his wing and was sitting off track just past the pitlane exit. Both of them are complete idiots. Also together the what is wrong with Vettel's pace... yeah, not the best tire wear and pitting WAY too early onto slower tires, yet not one of the three of them could figure that out between them, nor could they figure out why Ferrari didn't just tell them they knew they pit Vettel 15 laps too early... because admitting to such mistake that early into the season isn't a good look.

I laughed when they thought leclerc was last.

Caporegime
That fastest lap point is going to cause someone in the lead to crash out at some point

Great race,

Great for Bottas,
Bad for ferrari
Shame they didn't let leclerc go through
Riccardo only has himself to blame .that's one - zero to hulk
Think haas have Overtaken Renault :(

Most important C4 coverage has plenty enough of the race for me to. Keep watching

Fastest lap point is ace

Soldato
That fastest lap is showing how much people holding back, lewis made 4 seconds on bottas in last few laps, although once bottas started going for it, the gap then stabilised, so bottas still had win in the bag.

Soldato
Yeah might actual make Monaco interesting. Maybe they should increase the Mario kart style Points system and give one for most time off track, etc

I feel there needs to be a point for finishing, gives purpose to those at the back and to ensure car's dont get retired early just because race is a lost cause (and then pretending its breakdown).

Back
Top Bottom