Dark Forces remake...kind of

Associate
That would be incredible if it ever happened...more so the sequel though, which is one of the best Star Wars games ever.

Man of Honour
This has been about for a few years now, but I too only only saw it for the first time recently as I got it recommended on Youtube under the clickbait of Dark Forces.

Soldato
Disney will shut it down fast they are not fan friendly at all on stuff like this :( Some small team made a great looking Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis then tried to get permission to release it for free & the Disney legal department told them to remove it & shut down the project or else :rolleyes: Disney neglect the entire Lucasfilm back catalog as its not a money spinner like their other brands.

Soldato
If only Dice had remade Original Battlefront 1 & 2 instead of what we got

Disney are apparently happy with EA destroying the gaming Star Wars franchise so I doubt we'll see a decent Star Wars game ever again

Soldato
I loved the original when it came out. Also love one of the comments on the page relating to Disney issuing a "cease and de-sith" notice.

I really wish DICE had made a good single player FPS adventure with their star wars licence.

Man of Honour
Disney will shut this down like they did with the KOTOR remake.

It's a shame.

Yeah I dunno why people keep doing this, inexperience I guess mixed with a bit of naivety. The only way these kind of things stand a chance if with proper written legal agreement from the start - IIRC though currently Disney/Lucas will license, on a case by case basis, fan projects of this type for ~$250K if you aren't monetising it in any way and raise the funds separately through other means i.e. not kickstarted.

Soldato
Yeah I dunno why people keep doing this, inexperience I guess mixed with a bit of naivety. The only way these kind of things stand a chance if with proper written legal agreement from the start - IIRC though currently Disney/Lucas will license, on a case by case basis, fan projects of this type for ~$250K if you aren't monetising it in any way and raise the funds separately through other means i.e. not kickstarted.

Or they should do it in secret then just released the finished thing all in one go. To late once it's out on the wild internet, Disney will never get rid of it :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom