*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Can see me phoning up again before it's goes off.

Tried Freeview picture didnt seem as nice or stable as Sky Q. Recording worked better than i thought on my LG TV.

Freesat is a no go with ch4 hd. Plus I'm not keen on the UI of the boxes .

So I'll probably have to go back and see what the best price they can do for basic package with HD. Thought I could get away without it!

Let it expire - you should get a 20%+ "Please come back" code either a week or so before you're due to be switched off or very soon afterwards.
Worst case, you just phone up at the end of all that and get reconnected.

Soldato
was looking at relatives sky emails yesterday
sky modified their terms and conditions about switching off and recovering equipment, when a contract ends .. but did not really explain how it had changed ..
are they cutting down any potential negotiating period ?

- the brexit reference too, and not being able to use the EU ombodsmann was interesting.

Caporegime
was looking at relatives sky emails yesterday
sky modified their terms and conditions about switching off and recovering equipment, when a contract ends .. but did not really explain how it had changed ..
are they cutting down any potential negotiating period ?

- the brexit reference too, and not being able to use the EU ombodsmann was interesting.
As the equipment belongs to Sky they will disable it no sooner than 17 days after they turn off your subscription. You can’t watch any TV on it at all.

Soldato
Let it expire - you should get a 20%+ "Please come back" code either a week or so before you're due to be switched off or very soon afterwards.
Worst case, you just phone up at the end of all that and get reconnected.

Had a few missed calls off sky today. Picked up the last one.

Seeing as you have been a customer for 9 years... £13 for entertainment package and £1 for HD.

Can't grumble at that to be fair.

Soldato
I'm at a bit of a crossroads with Sky and would appreciate some wise input. Or, alternative, point me in the direction of a comprehensive TV comparison site.

I have an old Sky package for which I am paying £87.49 a month. £40.99 of this is for Sky Fibre and line rental, and the remaining £46.50 is for the Variety pack and HD pack, on which I also get the F1 channel. I've been away at the weekend, and just come back to the latest of a series of 'Important news about your subscription' letters from Sky - the package is increasing by two lots of £2 a month again, pushing it over £90. This is the straw that's breaking the camel's back.

Outside of this I just have Amazon Prime, and am considering Netflix. I have BT Sport with a basic sport package in another property, but no BT box in this one.

Most of the shows we watch are from the main old terrestrial channels - BBC, ITV etc and the main Sky channels that we watch are Sky Atlantic and F1. I know that F1 access can't be resolved easily or legally without Sky so that's not a discussion for here.

Given what I've highlighted, are there likely to be any better options available? I've avoided going through the faux cancellation with Sky, but am now beginning to release that this approach has been to my cost so would rather just bin them off now if possible.

Edit - I'm happy to drop my phone line now, so will consider fibre options without a phone line.

Last edited:
Associate
I left sky about 12 months ago, but I'm seriously considering coming back (for SkyQ). I keep getting sent emails and letters through the post offering me Sports/Entertainment for £32pm, but never anything for SkyQ. Are there any deals for SkyQ at present?

Soldato
Spent so much time on the phone to sky these last few days .they really are bloody useless at just getting stuff done .

They messed up the deal they offered me. Only noticed when some of my hd channels were gone . Turns out they added kids pacjpac instead of HD.

After another long call in which they promised to fix and give me the hd for free for 12 months, I thought all was sorted. Checked a couple of days later and I now have entertainment, kids, hd and multi room,!

Let's just say I wasn't in the best of moods when I spent another 45 mins on the phone with them today. The finally got everything sorted .Entertainment for £13. HD free and both secured for 18 months. Checked online and eveythever is finally correct .

Feel like I got a good deal in the end . But it shouldn't be this difficult.

Associate
Just had the £13 1TB Q box call yesterday... might have taken it if I'd not bagged 6 months NowTV Entertainment for £23!

Guy that rang me continued to go through his script, even though I mentioned the NowTV offer and that there was no chance of me paying for Sky again... oh well, next time maybe.

Associate
Hi All - First post. I currently have a great deal for Sky Q (1TB Sports, HD, Boxsets but no Movies or services other than TV) because I had a F&F code from a mate when I signed up. That 18 month contract is coming to an end in a couple of months and I can see my bill is going to go up from £35 pm to almost £90. I would appreciate any advice on what experiences people have had with negotiating to continue paying the reduced rates? Would I need to provide a new F&F code to carry on?

Associate
Just to confirm, they have offered £11 entertainment, £1 boxsets/ kids/ Hd but only with old Sky Hd box. If I ask for Q it goes to £23 for entertainment and £5 for the packs. Even though they are charging £13 for Q experience

Associate
Just to confirm, they have offered £11 entertainment, £1 boxsets/ kids/ Hd but only with old Sky Hd box. If I ask for Q it goes to £23 for entertainment and £5 for the packs. Even though they are charging £13 for Q experience

You should be able to get the Q 1TB box for £20 without adding QEXP, from Retentions, with the price at £27.

Associate
I have cancelled and is due to finish in 2 weeks or so. They have just text me and then offered me a deal of £69 per month for 12 months rising to £112 after this. I was paying £57 originally. Is this as good as I will get?

Soldato
Anyone else had an email saying prices are going up?

I've got just the basic TV package (was £23, now £25.50) and Sky Fibre Max (was £30 including line rental, now £40.99). Think that coincides with a discount ending, but that's going from £53.50 a month to £66.49.

£66.49 for basic TV and fibre is taking the mick if you ask me. Compared to the Virgin Media full house bundle, where you get BT Sport, a load more HD channels than I get, faster broadband and weekend calls for £45 a month, I'd be a sucker to stick around.

Does anyone know the right number to call to say to sky, match this price with these channels or I'm off?

Soldato
Spoke with the 'value' team who offered me the same as I have now for £57 a month, so an increase for nothing new.

Asked to be put through to cancellations, got offered Sky Entertainment + HD + box sets and same fibre package for £55.49 a month. Not world endingly good but decently pleased.

Associate
Hi All, just been offered the following...

Sky Q 2TB UHD box + 1 mini box
Sky Sports F1
Sky Movies
Ultimate on demand
Fiber Max

£84 PM, £25 Setup + £50 Pre paid Mastercard.

Thoughts on this or are there better deals to be had?

Man of Honour
Is that as a renewal or new customer?

*Edit*
Eff it, I'm cancelling. £55 for just the SkyQ basics is having a laugh. Lets see what they offer on chat.

Last edited:
Associate
Due to the Mastercard, I'd say it's new customer.

Full price it's £120.99 for all that (and he's probably forgotten to add HD as well?), so at £84 it's not a bad deal in my books.

Back
Top Bottom