Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Caporegime
I was disappointed to hear in reviews that they got rid of the whole "bullets are the new world's currency" thing... it created such an interesting conflict in the gameplay and combat and felt like one of the hallmarks of the series

Yeah thats gone, which is a shame, and they've added a bed, so you can go to sleep to replenish your health, instead of using a medkit, change the time, or drink from your flask, what the **** is that all about, pointless.

What i also found was, i had to change the light/charger, back to keyboard, from my mouse (which i have set like the previous games), as for some reason, it wont work to clean my weapon, as its for that too, wtf!.

Soldato
Tempted to give this a miss until its cheaper and on steam based on the comments. Love all the metro games so far but yet another game install client and bugs are a bridge too far.

I don't do Uplay or Microsoft store games for the same reasons, they can just eff off if they think I'm gonna have loads of log in's for loads of different launchers.

Associate
I'm content to wait for it to be released on Steam. Hopefully by then any early bugs will be ironed out and there will be reasonably priced hardware out to really make the most of rtx etc.

Associate
Just got it for £15 ! Someone was selling the Nvidia Promotion. Did you know when you redeem this game in the Nvidia experience it actually displays the Epic game key and also emails you it. He kindly did that for me and gave me the key which redeems fine. Now so excited to play this !!! So for all those who were put off by the high price I am sure we will see more codes for sale at a reasonable price !

Soldato
Just got it for £15 ! Someone was selling the Nvidia Promotion. Did you know when you redeem this game in the Nvidia experience it actually displays the Epic game key and also emails you it. He kindly did that for me and gave me the key which redeems fine. Now so excited to play this !!! So for all those who were put off by the high price I am sure we will see more codes for sale at a reasonable price !

That is an absolute steal of a price, that guy was an idiot! :p

It's £50 on the store directly, around £40 on CD Keys. Something approaching £30 is more like fair value at current prices.

Associate
I already completed the game a couple of weeks ago and thought it was very good. Though it is different to the first two traditional metro games, and moves more in the direction of the old Stalker games.

I thought the last 2 main missions were perhaps cut short or rushed. Had no issues when playing through, perhaps a couple of crashes in the entire play time due to it not liking my Vega 64 OC. I can't remember coming across any major bugs either.

Looking forward to what they bring in the future with the franchise.

Associate
the only gripe I have is that I have to disable my triple surround setup to play single screen as it keeps forcing a triple screen render ingame,theres no option to play 1920x1080p ingame if I have surround enabled.

Caporegime
I popped this back on, to try and get into it, and i seem to be now (reminds me of STALKER), but i think ive hit a bug.

I found Krest, and started doing what he was on about (when he told me to look through the binoculars), so i rescued the 2x villagers from the bandit camp, and got a key from one of them in thanks, but when i go to the place to use the key, i just can't get in, the big red doors are closed, and i can't find any other way into the place, so i looked for a vid on yt about it, and found when others are getting there with the key, those red doors are open, and they just walk in :confused:

lol at those things in the nappies, hurling rocks and stuff at yer :D

Caporegime
I think ive sorted the above.

I went back to speak to the Colonel and Krest, when i couldn't get in, and they sent me back there, and it looks like its open underneath now, so i can get in by boat, i got asked to get a Teddy Bear, and a Guitar while i was out there too, which ive now got :D

Associate
I think I had the same problem as I wandered around the map beforehand and spent ages trying to get into that place. It was only once I decided to actually follow the story that it just magically opened... very annoying.

Caporegime
Yeah it was
I just went straight there after talking to Krest up the crane, as he said when i was done, he'd be at the Aurora, so when i rescued the 2x villagers, and got the key, i just went straight there too, as the location of where the key was for, popped up on the map, but after spending an age trying to find a way in, i just said **** it, it must be shagged this bit, so i just went back to the Aurora to speak to the Colonel, and to carry on with the game, just missing that bit out, but he just sent me straight back there, where i found it was now open :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom