I am innocent!!

Soldato
Does everyone convicted of similar lose their job? Why is she being shamed because of her salary?

Yes. You would be in breach of contract being unable to fulfill it. Of course an employer depending on the circumstances may be willing to overlook it and keep your job open for you.

Don
Yes. You would be in breach of contract being unable to fulfill it. Of course an employer depending on the circumstances may be willing to overlook it and keep your job open for you.
Indeed, the default case would be you would be sacked if you were sent to prison for something. Not being so would be very much the exception rather than the norm!

Soldato
There have been imprisoned MPs before, some of whom died in jail.
This woman will lose soon enough. Given the mess the rest of them are making, it barely matters than one of them is in jail.
Is her 'vote' paired off currently for big votes, or just ignored as she has no party?

Caporegime
Happy to have an error pointed out if it's the case, why don't you put the cryptic crossword down and spit it out.

Well, my highly intelligent and enlightened comrade, her colour is relevant when he is clearly drawing comparison to another famous black female Labour mp who is renowned for being a lying thicko and happens to have recently been involved in a furore over her skin colour.

Soldato
Well, my highly intelligent and enlightened comrade, her colour is relevant when he is clearly drawing comparison to another famous black female Labour mp who is renowned for being a lying thicko and happens to have recently been involved in a furore over her skin colour.

Wow, I thought I had missed something obvious there but apparently not.

There is an abundance of lying MPs to choose from if he wants to draw a comparison, so why focus on her skin colour in addition to her lies?

Caporegime
Wow, I thought I had missed something obvious there but apparently not.

There is an abundance of lying MPs to choose from if he wants to draw a comparison, so why focus on her skin colour in addition to her lies?

Clearly you didn't read! We've been through this.

1, recent controversy over her skin colour
2, Labour
3, MP
4, female

All 4 points are pertinent. He didn't just focus on her colour. You did.

Also worth pointing out that black female mps are a bit of a rarity so it's a good way to draw comparisons.

Soldato
@Dis86 I'm not convinced, and I'm not spending my time in a circular argument with you as you clearly don't agree.

I'm calling it out as racist, and the poster is free to dispute it. As it's a public forum, others are free to offer their opinion. If I'm in the minority, I'm happy to revisit the conversation. If the subject doesn't get another mention in the thread, I'm happy to move on.

My cards are on the table, in my opinion the comparison wasn't merited.

Associate
I see what you did there.. :p

In what capacity is her skin colour relevant?

Ok I'll try and explain.

Instead of naming the MP, he gave clues as to who he was referring to.
'Woman'
'labour MP'
so that narrows it down quite considerably already
'of colour'
So who does that leave us with?

It's like the game guess who. Nothing racist about it.

Back
Top Bottom