• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Couple of quick questions if someone could help me out. Looking to undervolt my 56 pulse soon, should I flash the bios to 64 first or not bother?

Also, anyone know if you can change the colour/behaviour of the pulse LED on the side?

Cheers!
IIRC the LEDs are controlled by the sapphire trixx software? You need to decide whether you want the bios flashed or not. However a little homework is needed to see if the pulse 56 can be flashed to a v64. One bios, switch position is protected. The other one will allow you to flash. I'd use overdriventool for the overclocking and undervolting btw

Associate
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/96vkn4/sapphire_vega_56_pulse_with_64_bios/

Follow this. You need to see if you have hynix or samsung memory. And then use the command line to force bios flash it. the software for amd/ati atiflash wouldnt work on my red dragon so comman dline is the way you have to go. Before the flash i was at max 930 mhz, im now at 1100mhz and havent yet seen how far i can go. Im on vega 64 territory i reckon!

Soldato
Awesome stuff thanks! Also, I checked and I'm 99% sure you cant change the pulse red LED, tried with the Sapphire trixx software. Nevermind!

EDIT: Looks like I have samsung memory

dhf8EjQ.png

Associate
Which bios did you flash yours with? I think there's one linked in that Reddit thread, was it that one?
I used a sapphire bios to flash my red dragon. Idk if its the same one but I had to Google one to find people on forums that had found one that worked as there isn't a red dragon 64. Even the red devil 64 didn't work on mine

Soldato
Anyone playing DMC 5 / Battlefield V in 4K on a 56? Interested in buying one and going 4K shortly and interested to know what settings people can play at on a 56.

BF V (Ultra): 45-55 FPS (mind you his V56 is clocked low, so good chance of staying above 50 with some OC/UV)
https://youtu.be/W05Rz7FPwBg?t=821

DMC5 (Ultra): ~60 FPS during gameplay, cutscenes are lower (he's using a V64, but those are V56 clocks)
https://youtu.be/6wLYH9Rz-es

Imo it would be pretty trivial to OC/UV the V56 and get 60 fps in either game at 4K with mostly the highest settings enabled, though some minor tweaks would be needed to push you over the line.

Soldato
BF V (Ultra): 45-55 FPS (mind you his V56 is clocked low, so good chance of staying above 50 with some OC/UV)
https://youtu.be/W05Rz7FPwBg?t=821

DMC5 (Ultra): ~60 FPS during gameplay, cutscenes are lower (he's using a V64, but those are V56 clocks)
https://youtu.be/6wLYH9Rz-es

Imo it would be pretty trivial to OC/UV the V56 and get 60 fps in either game at 4K with mostly the highest settings enabled, though some minor tweaks would be needed to push you over the line.
That is pretty good going tbf, thank you very much

SBD

SBD

Associate
I'm about to order the VEGA 56 Reference card and I want to double check if Seasonic G series 550w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply should be enough juice to power this beast? I have an i5 3570k @4.4Ghz 16gb RAM, 1 SSD etc. I am currently running an old AMD 7970 GHZ so this should feel like massive jump. Moving to RYZEN 3 whenever that shows up ;)

Associate
I'm about to order the VEGA 56 Reference card and I want to double check if Seasonic G series 550w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply should be enough juice to power this beast? I have an i5 3570k @4.4Ghz 16gb RAM, 1 SSD etc. I am currently running an old AMD 7970 GHZ so this should feel like massive jump. Moving to RYZEN 3 whenever that shows up ;)

In theory yes it should be fine, I think at the wall with everything you will be looking at below 400watts but I would be careful, I have a bequiet 630watt and have had zero issues with an i4790k and vega 56 and now a ryzen 2600 with the same card. undervolting wont hurt either.

SBD

SBD

Associate
In theory yes it should be fine, I think at the wall with everything you will be looking at below 400watts but I would be careful, I have a bequiet 630watt and have had zero issues with an i4790k and vega 56 and now a ryzen 2600 with the same card. undervolting wont hurt either.
Thanks, yes it's a worry because yes I want to under volt but if I start needing to look at a new PSU then it is probably a better solution to look at the RTX 2060...I'll do a bit more reading!

Associate

I was running mine on a 500w PSU just fine. It's not recommended, but I had no issues with the card at stock settings.

I have since swapped out my 500w for a 750w, just to give me some headroom for future upgrades, and maybe a bit of overclocking, but it wasn't a requirement to run the card.

Permabanned
I just left all P states at 950mv and then put p6 and p7 at 1000mv, then put memory to 950mhz and 950mv Set your p6 at 1600 and p7 at 1630mhz and then fan to 100% temporarily. See if it can run 3dmark.

You can try lowering memory to 900 but most if not all v56 I've seen can do 950mhz memory. Also you could try push core clock higher than 1630mhz but the benefits are negligible to be honest.

If it crashes drop the core clocks back slightly then if you've found your stable benchmark clock I'd run folding at home (f@h) for 12 hours and see if it's stable.

If it is then save the profile and drop fans back. I run at 1570 p6 and 1600 p7 and 950mhz memory, 1.00v core and .95v memory and set fan to 60 so it's virtually inaudible over case fans and temps max out 65c during gaming. Its butter smooth at bf5 ultra 1440p.

Thank you for this, really helpful !

Back
Top Bottom