oculus rift zotac rtx2080ti only one hdmi?

Associate
good afternoon

wondered if anyone can help please-bought an oculus rift today but my zotac rtx2080ti only has one hdmi so i cant actually set it up?

whats the deal here or is there a fix because i see no way to use it when your gfx card has only one hdmi- theres also just a few other ports which are just called display ports.

Soldato
will this do mate
Displayport to HDMI Adapter, Benfei Dp(Display Port) Male to Hdmi Female Converter with Audio for Lenovo, Dell, HP, Asus and other brand(Dp to Hdmi)

Not for the Rift, as that adaptor only supports 1080p resolution.
You can free up the HDMI port and use it for your monitor if it's 1080p though.

Soldato
There's no need to swap connections. Just have your monitor running on the DP>HDMI adaptor. It'll run as normal and still carry sound.

You could just get a DP to HDMI cable and run your monitor with that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Umm I wander in the realm of the Vive, so perhaps non related. But when I got the 2080ti, and used converters to run my monitors, it really didn't like it when I was mirroring the image during usage. it would constantly hang and give me non supported messages on screen.

Despite going DP-DVI, and DP-hdmi, even dropping one and using the onboard for the hdmi, I ended up buying a new monitors fully loaded with dp's to avoid the converters which solved my problems.

Soldato
As i have recommended several times, have a Google for '
CSL - 4K Ultra HD Displayport to HDMI adapter with audio transmission' £7.99 ;)

this is the one i have too and it works. my advice, just get this one as it is confirmed working many times over, i had 1 other which didnt work, and also failed to get a dvi to hdmi to work properly. (it worked but got interference when i used 2m extension with it)

the above adapter however works a treat.

Back
Top Bottom