Xonar U7 Replacement

Soldato
I'm not entirely sure what Dolby Home Theater 4 entails, but the blurb points toward what appears to be Dolby Digital Live and probably Dolby Headphone; although those are not actually mentioned.

If you need Dolby Home Theater v4 specifically, then I'm not sure there is anything else other than another Xonar U7 or U5 that specifically has that; but you will find Dolby Digital Live and Dolby Headphone on other products. Depends what you need I guess and whether you need another external sound card.

Associate
I too had the U7 and loved the dolby theatre. When mine broke I bought the mk11 version but Un be knowing to me the mk11 does not run the dth4 any more..... . I still use it but now I'm using some audeze mobius headphones I don't need the equaliser any more..

Soldato
The balanced intelligent equlizier feature of DHT4, im addicted to it :D
Great, feature which makes everything sound the same...
You listen to that bad music and can't stand it without frequency response being distorted to fit every peg into same round hole?
I would be myself switching music at that point.

I'm not entirely sure what Dolby Home Theater 4 entails, but the blurb points toward what appears to be Dolby Digital Live and probably Dolby Headphone; although those are not actually mentioned.
You missed big pile of stuff to make all content sound the same.
That "Intelligent Equalizer" dynamically mangles frequency response of signal to smash all different pegs through same chosen hole shape.

And more things for correcting crap quality of speakers in laptops etc.

Associate
Great, feature which makes everything sound the same...
You listen to that bad music and can't stand it without frequency response being distorted to fit every peg into same round hole?
I would be myself switching music at that point.

You missed big pile of stuff to make all content sound the same.
That "Intelligent Equalizer" dynamically mangles frequency response of signal to smash all different pegs through same chosen hole shape.

And more things for correcting crap quality of speakers in laptops etc.

Im sure that the Creative sound cards use a graphic equalizer .......its the same old crap from the same poster .....If its not Creative it siht basically....been reading his put downs on any sound hardware and headphones that do not conform to HIS taste or likes for a long time and it easy to see he must a creative share holder.
Im sure a lot of you have been told of the chinese trinket poop that a lot of use tone deaf gamers like ....
Well i quite like my trinket poop and Real headphones just as much as each other...
If everbody thought like this guy there would be no choices for the average guy........rant over....lol :)

Soldato
Im sure that the Creative sound cards use a graphic equalizer .......its the same old crap from the same poster .....If its not Creative it siht basically....been reading his put downs on any sound hardware and headphones that do not conform to HIS taste or likes for a long time and it easy to see he must a creative share holder.
1. Normal equalizer doesn't keep changing what it does depending on if input signal doesn't conform to its model of what everything should sound.
2. I've numerous times stated that neither are Creative's Crystalizer etc. sound "enhanchements" really usefull, if you have good sound reproduction equipment.

Back
Top Bottom