Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
Well you can forget the talk about physical hardware. It is all streaming. I don't know if anyone is watching but I rather liked the way the demo guy seamlessly switched between tablet/phone/laptop/TV and continued the game from the exact same point each time.

Caporegime
OP
Are you calling me difficult? You're not wrong :p

Input lag is a massively different issue to ping in an online game though. Have you tried steam streaming?

No, I haven't tried any form of game streaming yet. They are making this sound too good to be true though. I particularly like the idea of scalable units so the developers can in theory have unlimited power to showcase their games.

Man of Honour
No, I haven't tried any form of game streaming yet. They are making this sound too good to be true though. I particularly like the idea of scalable units so the developers can in theory have unlimited power to showcase their games.

If they have servers in all the major cities then it could work well. I'll have to test it.

Caporegime
OP
What do you think will happen with regards to PC games? If games coming on Stadia are running on a combo of Linux/Vulkan, will this make AAA titles a day and date release on Linux for everybody? And will the Windows version be using Vulkan instead of/or in addition to DirectX?

Man of Honour
What do you think will happen with regards to PC games? If games coming on Stadia are running on a combo of Linux/Vulkan, will this make AAA titles a day and date release on Linux for everybody? And will the Windows version be using Vulkan instead of/or in addition to DirectX?

Did Google announce the technology behind it?

Associate
No go for me
Terrible latency and connection where I live
I'm not convinced this will ever take off until latency is vastly improved (5g maybe?)

Caporegime
Digital foundry said that taking in to account the screen response time, the Stadia should give exactly the same input lag as an Xbox one X connected directly in to a modern 2018 OLED TV!

Back
Top Bottom