A return to form: Say hello to Banana MK2, the Italian Prancing Horse (Ferrari 458 Italia)

Soldato
Is 10% pretty much standard for loss (i assume most manufacturers quote engine HP rather than wheel HP as its higher, does torque drop too, or is that the same?).

OcUK Staff
OP
Is 10% pretty much standard for loss (i assume most manufacturers quote engine HP rather than wheel HP as its higher, does torque drop too, or is that the same?).

Well there is no such thing as fixed percentage really but a general rule of thumb is:

Hub dyno:
FWD manual: 7-9%
RWD manual: 9-11%
AWD manual: 15%

Wheel dyno:
FWD manual: 10-12%
RWD manual: 12-15%
AWD manual: 20%

Automatics generally lose more but what is an unknown really.

Soldato
Put them in dry, when it goes for service I will ask Ferrari see what they say and if they recommend a specific grease they can do it when its in for service.

There's a few ways to look at it:

1. No anti-seize
- Risk of dissimilar metal corrosion between the Ti and Aluminium Bell of the disc (if it is aluminium).
- Risk of galling with Ti.

2. Anti-seize applied
- The grease will increase the applied torque on the fastener, so you will be stressing it higher than you think. This could lead to stretched fastener and fracturing in the future with constant removal/installation.

1. is probably the more sensible choice, but ultimately just stick with the OEM nuts and don't waste money on Ti, which could cause issues either way down the line.

OcUK Staff
OP
There's a few ways to look at it:

1. No anti-seize
- Risk of dissimilar metal corrosion between the Ti and Aluminium Bell of the disc (if it is aluminium).
- Risk of galling with Ti.

2. Anti-seize applied
- The grease will increase the applied torque on the fastener, so you will be stressing it higher than you think. This could lead to stretched fastener and fracturing in the future with constant removal/installation.

1. is probably the more sensible choice, but ultimately just stick with the OEM nuts and don't waste money on Ti, which could cause issues either way down the line.

I’ll leave it to Ferrari, they actually know what they are doing and they supply Ti nuts so they no doubt have a procedure. In short I feel in good hands with them as they seem to pride themselves also on their knowledge of the cars but I suppose that’s advantage of a limited range.

Tried LC for first time this morning, it was so good I did it a second time :D zero stress on car just feels very effective and zero wheel spin. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
But he cheats with his fancy gearbox :(

You have paddles too. :p

Watch out for Mac too, his new diff is in, new LSD too and new stickier tyres and looking to get a street, track and drag maps written so he could be serious challenge as he will get power better, just be left to his gear changing abilities.

Three bananas, shame only two at a time can race. :D

Back
Top Bottom