Hyperx headset playback problems

Caporegime
People on mumble are complaining that they can hear my headphones when in on voice activated. Some Skype caller's complain too.

I've followed as many guides as I can.
Split all the inputs and muted everything thinking it was a "what you hear" problem.

It's still doing it. It's getting really frustrating.
It's connected by the rear panel.
It's an aorus z390 master board which I think is a realtek 1200 something or other....

Any ideas? Im thinking about a new headset so peed off.

Soldato
HyperX (Cloud) are pretty open and leaky. If you play loud, the mic will pick up what leaks out of the earcups. This can get nasty, and produce echos and larsens (feedback). The mic is also sensitive, and AFAIK not noise-cancelling.

Should be easy to test, play something at a decent volume, record the background noise through mic, check the playback. Play around with mic placement, sensitivity, ect, voice activation threshold.

Soldato
For microphone positioned close to mouth any noise leak from open headphone (what HyperX Cloud isn't) would very quiet in comparison to speech.
So only way that could get captured by mic clearly is if there's some dynamic amplification for mic signal.
Though amplification would need to be such high that that there would be likely high level of noise/static.

More likely wiring inside headphone is badly done and headphone playback signal leaks to mic wiring in there.

One last test would be trying headphones in other PC.

Back
Top Bottom