Free Google Home mini for Spotify Family account holders

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Are you denying that data doesn't drive the world? Why was Cambridge analytica shut down? I know they're not Google.

I just find it a bit odd that people are so relaxed about their personal data.

Firstly we are talking about Google here, just so we are all on the same page.

Who said we are relaxed about personal data? It's not like I'm giving my security, bank, address, etc details to some unknown evil corp. We are talking about telling Google I like shopping on Amazon for gym supplements and watch YouTube videos on tech.

Soldato
Firstly we are talking about Google here, just so we are all on the same page.

Who said we are relaxed about personal data? It's not like I'm giving my security, bank, address, etc details to some unknown evil corp. We are talking about telling Google I like shopping on Amazon for gym supplements and watch YouTube videos on tech.

Didn't Amazon get caught recording non-relevant data and storing it? I recall reading something about it not long ago. I just think it's not unreasonable to assume something similar could take place with all such devices.

Anyway I use android so I guess that's listening to convos anyway and also reading what I'm typing just now ;)

Soldato
That's standard for any online purchase, even if there is no cost. A web store will still require card details.

We're not giving card details to google for something supposedly free. Fighting our way through those annoying captcha's was bad enough - that was the final nail in the coffin.

Children's phones are both linked to her google account and we don't want random charges appearing if they make a mistake of clicking on some "buy it now" link or an in-game purchase. She's quite happy with an error message coming up saying that stuff can't be bought due to out of date credit card information.

We didn't need it: so someone else is welcome to the Mini instead of us.

Soldato
Just tried as the wife has grottify premium.

After 3 million clicks of pictures to prove we're not robots, it then wants a credit card for something costing nothing.

Stuff that !

That is odd, I don't remember putting any payment details in or asking for clicks on pictures.

Only the primary account holder of the Family plan can claim the freebie.

Associate
I never look at Spoitify's website but have family so thanks for this. It will be handy in the kitchen for music and if Google want to hear me tell rude jokes to my wife and moan about stuff they can crack on :D.

Ordering it was a bit of a pain as every time I tried updating the out of date payment method on google, the browser crashed on my phone. Had to hard reset it and then bugger about trying to get the discount to show up again :p.

Soldato
Well that was super easy! Thanks for the heads up. We’re quite entrenched in Alexa currently. Might make a good gift for someone or perhaps get google and amazon talking at home!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Mine is out for delivery today. This will be my 4th home mini now - 1 in the living room, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the home salon and this 1 will go in the bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom