*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Interesting to see there's a Gen 2 Sonos 1 coming out (which is really the third Gen of the Play 1 tbh but what do I know). Looks to be a small update with Bluetooth and faster processor/more RAM. Apart from easier setup I'm not sure what difference it'll make.

Am I right in thinking that the Sonos 1 cannot be paired with the Play 1 as a stereo pair, but that they will still show up on the same Sonos network for multi-room sound etc?

Soldato
Apparently not according to the article.

Someone on reddit said the company in question used to only drop them below MSRP by a few bucks to get to the top of the price comparison tools.

Crazy that Sonos wouldn’t speak to the company first.

Soldato
Sadly the only thin I really want from SONOS seems to be on some list of really basic features they will never include a bit like apple and the calculator on the ipad! all I want is to be able to permanently group speakers I have two play 1's in my kitchen diner and want them to act as a single speaker for volume and stop start etc like a stereo pair but no one left and one right, is it really too much to ask?

Soldato
Sadly the only thin I really want from SONOS seems to be on some list of really basic features they will never include a bit like apple and the calculator on the ipad! all I want is to be able to permanently group speakers I have two play 1's in my kitchen diner and want them to act as a single speaker for volume and stop start etc like a stereo pair but no one left and one right, is it really too much to ask?

A normal group works like that.

Soldato
They sent a survey out a few months back asking some things, then this has been floating around, but would only be a cheaper sub and atmos rears, nothing on a new playbar.

Very interesting although it raises more questions than answers

* Why only Atmos rears?
* How do the rears receive the Atmos signal? The playbar doesn't even have an HDMI port
* The Beam has a HDMI port for the TV only, it doesn't take other inputs - TV's don't generally pass-through Atmos

Bascially if Sonos does make rear's with upfiring speakers - it's "Atmos" must actually just be some fake DSP, because I cannot see how the system is going to receive and process an actual Atmos signal without a brand new yet to be announced soundbar.

Associate
Finally added a pair of Sonos one to my PlayBar and sub setup and loving it. Put it off for ages after reading it won’t do 5.1 without hassle etc... it’s all hooked up to my Nvidia Shield and Plex.. 4K movies playing great with 5.1 surround sound confirmed on the Sonos App :)

Sounds great so would recommend :)

Soldato
Has anyone experienced issues with the Sonos Beam and Sky Q? I cant get the two to play nicely with Dolby Digital!

My TV is pretty old now but supports Dolby Digital (UE40H6400). I've tried setting DD on my TV for output and Sky, but then there's no sound! Same thing happens with my 4k FireTV!

Any ideas?

I'm a bit late with this - but the issue is your TV. I'm pretty sure (I did the set up a few weeks back, and haven't memorised it) that I have the exact same TV, and what I found is that Samsung for some weird reason decided that the TV would be able to output a DD signal to HDMI ARC if the signal was generated by the TV - but it will not pass through a DD signal. I found it also wouldn't send through a DD signal from my Bluray player.

I got around the issue by using one of these:
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073TXX3KV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which works very well. It's worth it as well, the difference is sound output is large.

If you google something like "UE40H6400 dolby signal passthrough" you'll find various threads about it.

Back
Top Bottom